No announcement yet.

BREAKING NEWS!!! Devin Haney Fighting Mario Barrios Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BREAKING NEWS!!! Devin Haney Fighting Mario Barrios Next

I wanted to get this out there right away. After stating he wanted to fight Boots, Devin and Bill called out Keith "One Time" Thurman. Thurman has now rejected any fight with Devin, so Bill and Devin are now pursuing the WBA interim champion or champion in recess, Mario Barrios. The plan is for Devin to be a three division champion. Crawford is allegedly going to vacate his belt, so this would mean Devin could fight Barrios for the official belt. They are also petitioning to retain his other lightweight belts so that he can be a simultaneous three division champion.

After this, the plan is to use these belts to get Tank to fight him, allegedly. He wants to fight Tank at 135. This is now the plan.

What are everyone's thoughts on this?
    Last edited by Cypocryphy; 11-27-2023, 01:40 AM.

Sounds retarded. Like he looked at Adrien Broner's career and said "I want that."

I don't know, I don't really put any stock in these reports of him trying to fight Boots, Thurman et al. Maybe Thurman but whatever. If true it just sounds like very opportunistic matchmaking, which is par for the course these days but it would be a shame because there are plenty of good match-ups for him in and around 140lbs.

He's never fighting at 135lbs again though.

Comment

He is stacking up easy paydays. A problem in boxing.

Comment

You mean Jaron Boots Ennis and his team weren't able to secure Mario Barrios for a stay-busy fight?
        kiaba360 kiaba360 El_Mero El_Mero like this.

Comment

After this fight with Regis and if he moved up to 147 he's never making 135 again, Loma looked like a tiny manlet next to him but to fair he's a blown up featherweight.

Comment

at this point idgaf

boots aint fightin anyone with a pulse
            El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Who should boots fight

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
                Who should boots fight
                Probably only 7 fans care about what Ennis wants to do with his inactive career.
                El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by dannnnn View Post
                  Sounds retarded. Like he looked at Adrien Broner's career and said "I want that."

I don't know, I don't really put any stock in these reports of him trying to fight Boots, Thurman et al. Maybe Thurman but whatever. If true it just sounds like very opportunistic matchmaking, which is par for the course these days but it would be a shame because there are plenty of good match-ups for him in and around 140lbs.

He's never fighting at 135lbs again though.
                  He shouldn't, not after establishing himself at 140 and probably putting on a few pounds. but that Tank money...

Comment

I see nothing wrong with having plans. It's not just about being active in the ring, but being active looking for fights. And the Haneys are both active in both departments. Much like with Tim Tzsyu and his team.
                    kiaba360 kiaba360 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X