Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing fans should petition the IBF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would make more sense would be that the winner of Fury vs Usyk fights the mandatory and the loser fights a stay busy on that undercard then faces the winner, unless the mandatory wants to take step aside of course.

Rematches have been holding up the division for too long.

dan-b dan-b likes this.

Comment

Some interesting responses and I see both sides of this. For sure I would prefer there not to rematch clauses. If Mayweather - Pacquiao could do without one anyone can.

One thing I wish to add though is perhaps the IBF shouldn't sanction the bout in the first place where they know there is a rematch clause. Seems they want to have their cake and eat it to a degree: i.e. to be able to say they facilitated "undisputed" albeit briefly.

Comment

Why would fans care what the sanctioning bodies do. The match up is more important that those ABC titles.

Also if they negotiate a rematch clause why the belts should be held hostage when there are other fighters in mandatory positions that have to wait to get a shot because of all the politics.

Sanctioning bodies concede with these negotiations at times to collect sanctioning fees if they are huge fights but they should not be part of the negotiating process.

Defend or loose them.

dan-b dan-b likes this.

Comment

IBF always do this bs I remember the mandatory fights Kell Brook used to be forced into against some absolutely terrible opponents although Hearn lapped it up and didn't complain it was **** for fans

Comment

Working...
          X