Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: I Expect Benavidez To Stop Andrade; I Think Canelo, At That Point, Will Take The Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: I Expect Benavidez To Stop Andrade; I Think Canelo, At That Point, Will Take The Fight

Eddie Hearn doesn't think David Benavidez would dethrone Canelo Alvarez, but the Mexican icon's former promoter believes Benavidez will get his much-discussed shot at Alvarez in the first fight of 2024 for both boxers.
    [Click Here To Read More]

First time Hearn has ever made any sense , Frank must have rubbed off on him. If only he was as realistic with his cash cow and Benn!

Comment

Don't you find it funny when it comes to Benavidez the fight has to be built up and be 'big enough' yet Canelo has no problem fighting no names like Bivol, Ryder, and even Charlo who is not even a ppv fighter or big draw. Special standards for Benavidez. I can't wait to see the excuses flying when Canelo picks his next opponent not called Benavidez.

Comment

If Benavidez looks impressive in stopping Andrade, there’s no way Canelo picks him next. Canelo doesn’t pick guys who have momentum going or look impressive. He picks guys who have either looked bad/underwhelming in their previous fights, have been inactive, or are compromised in some way. You’d probably have to go back to 2014 with Lara to find someone that Canelo faced who had some momentum going at the time and seemed to be at their peak. And before someone says, what about Bivol…Bivol was fairly inactive for a couple of years and hadn’t looked good against mediocre competition in his last two fights before he smoked Canelo’s boots. There’s a reason why Canelo was a 3-1 favorite in that fight regardless of how ridiculous that seems now.

Comment

If he stops Andrade no way is clenelo taking that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
            If Benavidez looks impressive in stopping Andrade, there’s no way Canelo picks him next. Canelo doesn’t pick guys who have momentum going or look impressive. He picks guys who have either looked bad/underwhelming in their previous fights, have been inactive, or are compromised in some way. You’d probably have to go back to 2014 with Lara to find someone that Canelo faced who had some momentum going at the time and seemed to be at their peak. And before someone says, what about Bivol…Bivol was fairly inactive for a couple of years and hadn’t looked good against mediocre competition in his last two fights before he smoked Canelo’s boots. There’s a reason why Canelo was a 3-1 favorite in that fight regardless of how ridiculous that seems now.
            Why did Canelo try to negotiate a rematch with Bivol then? He looked good in his last fight with Zurdo and of course beat Canelo himself.

Your theory doesn’t hold water.

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle01 View Post
              Don't you find it funny when it comes to Benavidez the fight has to be built up and be 'big enough' yet Canelo has no problem fighting no names like Bivol, Ryder, and even Charlo who is not even a ppv fighter or big draw. Special standards for Benavidez. I can't wait to see the excuses flying when Canelo picks his next opponent not called Benavidez.
              Eddie knows Canelo is afraid of 2 people. Andrade and Benevidez. He literally turned down Andrade for over 10 years and past on being undisputed at 154 and 160 in order to not fight Andrade. It has nothing to do with marinating it or not getting enough money. DAZN threw upwards of $50 million to Canelo to get in the ring with Andrade and Andrade offered to fight him for only $5 million when asked by Eddie to make it happen and overpay Canelo and still Canelo avoided Andrade. Then Canelo says payday payday payday to Andrade at a press conference with Eddie sitting beside Canelo knowing well that Andrade offered to fight him for less than half of what Kovalev got at that time. Eddie has no choice but to say all this. He needs Canelo !

Canelo is not fighting Benevidez if he knocks out Andrade. He will avoid Benevidez even more until he finds a weakness in Benevidez. And knocking out Andrade is not going to show it.

These politics and the lies are why boxing is a dying sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Themanager View Post

Eddie knows Canelo is afraid of 2 people. Andrade and Benevidez. He literally turned down Andrade for over 10 years and past on being undisputed at 154 and 160 in order to not fight Andrade. It has nothing to do with marinating it or not getting enough money. DAZN threw upwards of $50 million to Canelo to get in the ring with Andrade and Andrade offered to fight him for only $5 million when asked by Eddie to make it happen and overpay Canelo and still Canelo avoided Andrade. Then Canelo says payday payday payday to Andrade at a press conference with Eddie sitting beside Canelo knowing well that Andrade offered to fight him for less than half of what Kovalev got at that time. Eddie has no choice but to say all this. He needs Canelo !

Canelo is not fighting Benevidez if he knocks out Andrade. He will avoid Benevidez even more until he finds a weakness in Benevidez. And knocking out Andrade is not going to show it.

These politics and the lies are why boxing is a dying sport.
                Why would Canelo honestly be scared of either of them? Benevidez's best win is against an already mashed up Plant and Andrade has never fought anyone of standing even though he's a two weight champion. Hardly fear inducing

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Why did Canelo try to negotiate a rematch with Bivol then? He looked good in his last fight with Zurdo and of course beat Canelo himself.

Your theory doesn’t hold water.
                  Did he fight Bivol in a rematch? Nope. He threw a chump change offer so that sucker fans like you would believe he really wanted to fight him. So unless you can find a boxer he actually faced that disproves my theory (even though it’s really not a theory, it’s accurate) what I stated still stands.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                    Did he fight Bivol in a rematch? Nope. He threw a chump change offer so that sucker fans like you would believe he really wanted to fight him. So unless you can find a boxer he actually faced that disproves my theory (even though it’s really not a theory, it’s accurate) what I stated still stands.
                    Stop it. Canelo wanted the rematch but Bivol fumbled the bag.

The so called “chump change” that he offered was more than Bivol’s guarantee against Zurdo and certainly more than Bivol made by not fighting at all.

Comment

Working...
                    X