No announcement yet.

If Calzaghe fought at MW Hop would never have been champ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
    How can he have possibly waited for him to "get old" when he's been calling him out for about 10 years? How the **** does that work? Hopkins is the one who backed out of a fight in 2002. So how did he "wait until they were old"?

Same with Jones. Frank Warren was arranging a fight back in 2000. 9 ****ing years ago! How did he wait until Jones was old?

Most of the hate for Joe Calzaghe is built on pure ignorance and the the absolute refusal to regard facts.
    no he wasn't willing to fight Jones

check the link

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/...oe+/article.do

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Using this logic (and I'm not saying it's wrong), one could say Calzaghe was never undisputed either.
      And?

To be fair, he won every title at supermiddleweight and never lost any of the belts in the ring. About as close as you can get these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        And?

To be fair, he won every title at supermiddleweight and never lost any of the belts in the ring. About as close as you can get these days.
        The closest you can get is what Hopkins did at middle. Which is hold each title at the same time - that's what undisputed is.

I'm pointing out that you're awfully hard on one and pretty lenient on the other. to be fair? Well to be fair it took him about a decade to unify anything and he he held three titles for a very brief period.

Comment

The Ring Champ is not neccesarily the undisputed champion. Is Wlad Klitschko the undisputed heavyweight champ?

Roy wasnt even the proper ring champ at LHW
          Actally, yes the Ring title means the holder is undisputed friend. And Jones did indeed garnish that title in the Eric Harding fight if I'm not mistaken.

Yes, Wlad is undisputed since he holds the ring title. Is he not the #1 ranked heavyweight on every rankings page or system there is in the world? Exactly.

Proof?

See #18 in the LHW section on the link below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...orld_champions

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            The closest you can get is what Hopkins did at middle. Which is hold each title at the same time - that's what undisputed is.

I'm pointing out that you're awfully hard on one and pretty lenient on the other. to be fair? Well to be fair it took him about a decade to unify anything and he he held three titles for a very brief period.
            What???????

Comment

What???????
              Roy wasn't even the proper Ring champ? What does that mean? The Ring certainly thought he was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chase8400 View Post
                Actally, yes the Ring title means the holder is undisputed friend. And Jones did indeed garnish that title in the Eric Harding fight if I'm not mistaken.

Yes, Wlad is undisputed since he holds the ring title. Is he not the #1 ranked heavyweight on every rankings page or system there is in the world? Exactly.

Proof?

See #18 in the LHW section on the link below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...orld_champions
                Do you understand what undisputed means?

Even Ring Mag later admitted that they ****ed up and Dariusz M shouldve been the champion.

Comment

And?

He won the WBO belt, defended it against meager competition, and then became undisputed champ in his LAST fight in the division, and did not defend the undisputed title once. He didn't defend the linear title, not once.

Comment

Do you understand what undisputed means?

Even Ring Mag later admitted that they ****ed up and Dariusz M shouldve been the champion.
                    I sure do although it's taken a new meaning today. But at the turn of the century it meant you held the three major titles in the division: WBA, WBC & IBF.

Comment

Misplaced arrogance. The bloke is a thick ****
                      No, your mother has a thick **** and had a thick **** too.

Comment

Working...
                      X