Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malik Scott Believes Ngannou Is A lot More Dangerous Than Andy Ruiz For Deontay Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One is from Cameroon and one is an American of of the African diaspora. This fight should be somewhere on the continent. Perhaps in the wonderful city of Dar es Salaam or possibly Cape Town? Accra? Or the marvelous city of Mombasa. The possibilities are endless

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
      I watched novice McGregor take multiple rounds off Mayweather before gassing, so...yeah.

I think we need to accept these boxers we watch aren't as supreme as we like to believe.
      Did you at any point in the match believe that McGregor was on the verge of winning?

Comment

Please no.

Ruiz is clearly much more dangerous.

Ngannou is not so dangerous, an easy fight for Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by rick.gen View Post
          It was a match made in ruthless heaven. Forget about them being on the same side of the street.
          Never mind the WBC ordering the fight. It was a match made in ruthless heaven.
          That'll be on the fight poster.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOneAboveAll View Post

Did you at any point in the match believe that McGregor was on the verge of winning?
            Well I was wondering wtf was up at one point. A novice shouldn't be able to do those things against an atg of boxing, the way we're sold boxers I wasn't expecting McGregor to lay a glove on FM.

But, as someone pointed out, those MMA fighters who possess a lot of "striking" ability probably aren't too far beneath boxer's ability, it may simply be that we underrate them.

Comment

Everyone I mean everyone has outboxed wilder a 40 ? yr old Ortiz swept him didn't win a round yet can you take his power. Ngannou vs Wilder was the crossover I called for yrs ago it's the fight of who lands yet fury & Ngannou weighs the same thing can he take wilders right when it finally connects whether Rd 3 or 12

Comment

Originally posted by TheOneAboveAll View Post

I don't think he's made a mockery of all of boxing- just HW. If any MMA fighter was to beat an elite pro boxer under boxing rules it would most certainly happen at heavyweight. Heavyweights, on average, rely on conventional boxing skill and movement far less than the lighter weight classes, so an exceptional athlete and striker with a good engine such as Ngannou could match up well with top boxing HWs (like Wilder and AJ) who are really just great athletes who can punch a bit. Never in 500 years will an MMA welterweight take on and compete well with an elite boxing WW under boxing rules.
                Yeah, N'gannou has a physique that has never been seen in boxing.

I have never seen 272 lbs of strong explosive muscles fit for 10 rounds in boxing.

Big Georges was 220 when he lost to Ali.

Lewis was 242 lbs in the Holyfield rematch.

Quit all the fat and water on Fury's body and he's probably around 245 lbs, just like when he fought Wlad.

I have been saying "He's a better athlete than any top HW in boxing".

Dude is not some NFL or NBA Big dude, he is a profesional MMA fighter, most likely a striker who walked through the HW division in UFC with his punching power and core strenght without barely being hurt once.

He has a granite chin, dude has a huge head and neck, not some chicken skull bones like Amir Kahn.

Being an Ox is helpfull in HW boxing, see Foreman or Marciano. Dudes weren't boxing wizards.

​​​​​​Add to that Fury who often looks like sht and lazy in fights where he is a heavy favorite and what happened is not really surprising.

Comment

I watched novice McGregor take multiple rounds off Mayweather before gassing, so...yeah.

I think we need to accept these boxers we watch aren't as supreme as we like to believe.
                  And to accept that some MMA fighters aren't that bad.
                  Connor and N'gannou are strikers and punchers in the UFC. Connor is one of the few to win UFC titles in 2 divisions and N'gannou dominated a solid era of HWs.

Boxing is a sport where anybody can get hurt.

I remember in the gym a solid pro sparred a beginner, the beginner was getting schooled but he had a weird move and broke the pro nose with his forearm.

Comment

Yeah we already know team wilder never really wanted to fight Andy , go ahead and fight francis for a cash grab. Hope Wilder gets KTFO cold doe.
                    E J Dubbs E J Dubbs likes this.

Comment

Well I was wondering wtf was up at one point. A novice shouldn't be able to do those things against an atg of boxing, the way we're sold boxers I wasn't expecting McGregor to lay a glove on FM.

But, as someone pointed out, those MMA fighters who possess a lot of "striking" ability probably aren't too far beneath boxer's ability, it may simply be that we underrate them.
                      I think there were a few reasons for this #1 Floyd didn't fight his normal style he stood right in front of McGregor until he gassed then walked him down and finished him. McGregor did well for himself but I don't think he ever had Floyd worried or anything he just took his time to figure him out in the early rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X