Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alexis Rocha On Santillan Loss: 'You Don't Want To Be In Wars Like That'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Alexis Rocha On Santillan Loss: 'You Don't Want To Be In Wars Like That'

LOS ANGELES - A heartbroken Alexis Rocha said he was reduced to tears in the dressing room following his knockout loss to Giovani Santillan at the Kia Forum on Saturday night.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Tough loss for Rocha, the betting favorite. Beware the underdog!

Comment

Rocha simply could not adjust and just sat there while Santillan finished his combos. Don't know what he was thinking and he is not a huge puncher either.

Comment

jinxed by the new mural of him
        Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

That’s a weak aSs headline, I hope that’s not real or you speaking. If so quit!

Comment

Alex,you need a new trainer.Someone that will emphasize defense.Your trainer Lopez had no technical advice for you.He really doesn’t know much.
            Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by hitmanjosh View Post
              That’s a weak aSs headline, I hope that’s not real or you speaking. If so quit!
              The title does leave out some context. I don't think Rocha is saying he's not up for a fight (not like Victor Ortiz after Maidana). He's just saying that he knows his original plan to box would have probably gotten him better results. Any trainer worth anything will emphasize that to his fighters. Rocha has shown plenty of heart and grit so far, but he understands better than ever now that you can't just wade in and outpunch everyone.
              BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

A psyche-wrecking battery if ever there was one.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                  Rocha simply could not adjust and just sat there while Santillan finished his combos. Don't know what he was thinking and he is not a huge puncher either.
                  He was thinking:

"This mf is killing me"

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                    Rocha didn't expect Santillan to go to war. Neither did I even though I thought he had a shot at winning. The guy has never went full throttle like that.

But sometimes, you just go to the bully.
                    Tatabanya Tatabanya likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X