Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Caleb Plant Believes His Skills Are Top 5 Pound For Pound

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure, Caleb, if that keeps you from crying yourself to sleep at night, why not?

Comment

Maybe top 5!, eg top 120. And I like Caleb Plant, but he's been beaten by Canelo and Benavidez, and Bivol is better than Canelo. Then you got Crawford, Inoue, Usyk. And it's not like 168 is a killer's division.
      charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
        if spence was top 5 p4p, i don't see why he can't be top 5 p4p tbh
        Spence was a three belt holder and undefeated champion.

Comment

In case Caleb doesn't realize it , you have to WIN FIGHTS to make the P4P Lists.

Whoever mentioned his wife , you're right , she's fine as hell.

Comment

Caleb Plant needs to start taking truth serum. He has zero chance of beating Benny or Morrel and already got smoked by Canelo. Plant should fight Billy Joe Saunders who’s making a comeback after 2 years on the bench. Even that won’t be easy.

Comment

I like to think in terms of most skilled and best skilled. Doing multiple things at a high level and doing singular or a few things at an elite level. I don't think of Caleb in either of those.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post

Spence was a three belt holder and undefeated champion.

Caleb plant was also an undefeated champion.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post

Caleb plant was also an undefeated champion.
                  With three belts? Or this enhancement that you're supporting has a hidden agenda?

Comment

I'd love to see Morell jr vs plant.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

Inaccuracies aside, BoxRec has him ranked #141. He should probably be higher than that.

Plant is good, but it's difficult to separate skill-set from physical attributes when discussing P4P. He didn't rank Inoue, maybe because he thinks Inoue's power is carrying him. However, Inoue is objectively a very capable boxer-puncher who's succeeded against various styles. His power can bail him out of bad situations, but he hasn't had to rely on that. Caleb is an out-boxer who clearly struggles with pressure. Even-though Canelo was operating at his 3rd weight class, his hybrid style (boxer-puncher who pressures) allowed him to eventually nullify Plant's skill-set and reach. Then, Plant eventually struggled against a true pressure fighter with slower feet in Benavidez. Plant may have skills, but he's lacking other traits. He hasn't shown that he can successfully move up a weight class, let alone dominate his 1st division. Plant is NOT P4P top 10 material.
                      That was the point that Plant is NOT P4P material, as far as to where he rates out of all of the boxers in all of the divisions, I'm not sure about him being # 141.If he's going to talk **** about being pound for pound # 5, then the boxing public is going to talk **** back to him, and that's all there is to it.
                      kiaba360 kiaba360 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X