Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eubank Promoter Pours Water Over Janibek Fight: We'd Enjoy Watching It; But It Doesn't Transcend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Eubank Promoter Pours Water Over Janibek Fight: We'd Enjoy Watching It; But It Doesn't Transcend

Chris Eubank Jr. transcends titles at this point in his career, according to his promoter. Last month, the brash British middleweight staved off irrelevancy by avenging his loss to Liam Smith earlier in the year by stopping Smith in their rematch held at AO Arena in Manchester.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Sounds like a duck. We are in the era that a fighter will have an opportunity for a title but they won't risk it.

Comment

This whole “transcends belts” narrative is nonsense. Belts are not everything unless you never really had one, a major one. People will not remember Jr as a true champion.
      sidenote: I wish all these boxers will stop calling out Golovkin. Where was this energy years ago when he was GGG. There are so many active boxers but most want to dig old boxers out the grave.
      Last edited by Jwil20; 10-04-2023, 11:50 PM.
      TheOneAboveAll TheOneAboveAll likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jwil20 View Post
        This whole “transcends belts” narrative is nonsense. Belts are not everything unless you never really had one a major one. People will not remember Jr as a true champion.
        sidenote: I wish all these boxers will stop trying calling out Golovkin. Where was this energy years ago when he was GGG. There are so many active boxers but most want to dig old boxers out the grave.
        #spoton.com
        ​​​​​

Comment

Canelo fight… ridiculous, he just won every round against a guy who would ice Jr. without doubt. GGG , he ran from him before Golovkin got old … Benn is banned from boxing in uk , the only place it slightly matters as fans remember their dads!
          Wacked_Out Wacked_Out likes this.

Comment

Why would I be surprised with this promoter? He's been seeing truckloads of money in the Conor Benn fight for his Eubank boy. That's what he and Hearn are laser-focused on. What I see is a scam artist not willing to put Eubank Jr. in any type of derailment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jwil20 View Post
              This whole “transcends belts” narrative is nonsense. Belts are not everything unless you never really had one a major one. People will not remember Jr as a true champion.
              sidenote: I wish all these boxers will stop trying calling out Golovkin. Where was this energy years ago when he was GGG. There are so many active boxers but most want to dig old boxers out the grave.
              It is pretty hilarious how so many fighters have sprouted balls now that GGG is retired/inactive. Despite the bad boxing politics, GGG's legend is secured among true fight fans.

Comment

Didn't this clown dodge GGG when he was active with all the belts. He wants a needle mover offer him Adames see him turn it down as well. Eubanks has been a joke living off his father's name like JCC jr (more famous better fighter father) eubanks gets smoked by any top 160er. I bet if he was offered the Lara Garcia winner he would take that fight (easiest belt option no heart)
                dan-b dan-b likes this.

Comment

So many of these guys would rather be celebrities than fighters, sign of the times I suppose.

Comment

Disappointing from Sauerland. This is the time for a title tilt. Eubank may never get another shot. It'll probably be for the unified title and that would then open up bigger fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X