Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones Jr. Feels Canelo is Still At The Top Of His Game: "He Showed Us He's Back!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roy Jones Jr. Feels Canelo is Still At The Top Of His Game: "He Showed Us He's Back!"

Canelo Alvarez was calm, and for good reason. Heading into his showdown against Jermell Charlo, Alvarez listened loud and clear as his critics had a lot to say. From hearing how his reflexes have slowed up to his stamina being horrific past the sixth round. There isn't a ton of dust on his birth certificate but Alvarez has a considerable amount of wear and tear.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Roy recognizes!Boxing !

Comment

Not that the man's word is gospel, but Breadman Edwards has always contended that the jump from Middleweight (160) to Super Middleweight (168), is the toughest move in boxing. Charlo came up from 154...Advantage - Canelo. AGAIN

Comment

so hes back now he made a 154 guy scared in the ring lol

next time its sore hand again or maybe ribs

Comment

Originally posted by millcitymauler View Post
          Not that the man's word is gospel, but Breadman Edwards has always contended that the jump from Middleweight (160) to Super Middleweight (168), is the toughest move in boxing. Charlo came up from 154...Advantage - Canelo. AGAIN
          The Light Heavyweight to Heavyweight jump a few guys have done. The LHW is basically guaranteed to be bloated, outweighed by about 20lbs and towered over. The LHW will never be a HW.

Charlo’s just sht. It was mainly his skills/intelligence that simply wasn’t upto par.
          Last edited by SplitSecond; 10-03-2023, 12:01 PM.
          dan-b dan-b likes this.

Comment

And I see we’re adding salt !

Comment

Not that the man's word is gospel, but Breadman Edwards has always contended that the jump from Middleweight (160) to Super Middleweight (168), is the toughest move in boxing.
              Does he give any rationale as to why? Seems like an unnecessary division to me.

Comment

I can see it. Once you jump to 168, lots of guys can be up to 6'2 or 6'3. It's a jump in weight, height, reach and power, a very dangerous mix.

Comment

When a headline on Boxing Scene looks interesting, I jump right in to read it. When I encounter more than one obscure, out of place words, I know who the author is.

Comment

Roy Jones also thought he was back when he faced a much smaller and inactive Trinidad. He quickly learned that was fools gold when he stepped back up in competition. Canelo will learn the same, if he actually steps back up in competition.

Comment

Working...
                    X