Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermell Charlo: That Was My First Time Feeling A Woozy Shot; I Recovered Really Fast

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A_State501 View Post

Nobody criticized Mikey Garcia for playing it safe against Spence. Spence got criticized but there's nothing about this situation I guess.
    Plenty of people criticized him.
    Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tibburon245 View Post
      Jermell shouldn't be attacked for losing--most 168 pounders get KOd by Canelo. If Charlo goes back to 154 he will still be a top fighter.
      Canelo hasn't gotten a stoppage in 48 rounds now, and two of those fights were against a 154 lb and a 160 lb.

If you're going to pretend you're a lion and coming up to challenge yourself, you can't just give up after the first hard shot. He was in it for the bag and nothing else, and we don't have to respect that.
      dannnnn dannnnn Oldskoolg Oldskoolg like this.

Comment

He felt that power and was just fighting to survive after that. If he had come forward like he said he would he would have been brutally KO’d.

Comment

Instead of two really interesting fights between fighters in their own weight class (Canelo vs. Benavidez and Charlo vs. Tszyu) we got this nonsensical mismatch nobody was asking for and it turned out exactly as expected. Charlo says he's proud of himself for "daring to be great" (he wasn't) and Canelo now thinks "nobody can beat this Canelo" (they can). Pointless all round.

Anyone who thinks a Crawford fight would be any different is a fool.

Comment

Originally posted by takenotes View Post
            Looks like team Clenebutol cherry picked right this time...albeit two weight classes down
            Since losing to Mayweather this is what Cleneloterols record looks like =--->
            • Cherry
            • Loss
            • Cherry
            • Old
            • Cherry
            • Cherry
            • Cherry
            • Loss
            • Loss
            • Cherry
            • Loss
            • Old
            • Cherry
            • Cherry
            • Cherry
            • Cherry
            • Loss
            • Old
            • Cherry
            • Cherry
            It's not even reaching either, 100% legit bullet points.​

Comment

Un hun, sure it was.

But after what Crawford did to Spence, there is no way Mayweather will let him nowhere near PBC new cash-cow Canelo Alverez even if he claimed to want that fight.

And they can't use Bob Arum as an excuse this time.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post

There is nothing cool to lose like Kahn being put to sleep.

Charlo got outboxed, period.

He could have put more pressure on Nelo but he was not going to drop Nelo, let alone stop him.and just getting hurt himself.
                It was a good fight to watch. I can't really remember it now tbh but i do remember Khan was doing ok in that fight up until he got stopped. He gave it a go and fell short.

Your argument for Charlo not being able do anything - is an argument for not taking the fight in the first place.

Comment

Nobody criticized Mikey Garcia for playing it safe against Spence. Spence got criticized but there's nothing about this situation I guess.
                  He got a sh.t ton of criticism. Whats the phrase the ***** friendly generation says?.. oh yeah, Stop the cap!

Comment

Spence vs Garcia was much more of a size mismatch than Nelo vs Mell.

Comment

Working...
                    X