Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Could Charlo's Upset Smoke Really Spark a Saturday Night Fire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spartacus26 View Post
    After looking at Canelos pattern of choosing his opponents when he feels they are ripe for the picking, and the 16 months of inactivity for Charlo reflecting that pattern, I wasn't initially confident with picking against Canelo. But.... after watching their last 3 fights,I've seen improvement in Charlo and regressive signs in Canelo. Charlo also has this confidence about him that seems to have carried over into his preparation and in spite of the weight jump, Charlo might actually be the bigger puncher here.
    Canelo is counting on the weight jump and inactivity to play into his favor and the hopes that Charlo gets careless and emotionally out of control. I don't see that happening with Charlo. He's likely going to fight a smart, defensively responsible fight but still let his athleticism and smart aggression have a say.
    If the inactivity doesn't be a factor and Charlo can handle the weight well and get Canelos respect early, I would not rule out an upset here.
    How in gods name do you figure that? It took him 23 rounds to knock out Tony Harrison, but he's going to hurt Canelo?

Comment

To many cons against Charlo
      Just can’t see it happening even against this version of Canelo
      Maybe if he was more active and even then I would doubt it

Comment

I suspect Charlo will give Canelo some problems early on but the red menace will eventually acclimate and hurt him.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

1) Ray was having unsanctioned bouts in private to prepare
          2) Ray was a former champ at 154
          3) and most importantly, Jermell Charlo is NOT Ray Leonard.
          Hey, I’m just calling out the obvious in the complete fallacy in your statement. I’ll say it again, SRL disagrees because it’s true.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post

Hey, I’m just calling out the obvious in the complete fallacy in your statement. I’ll say it again, SRL disagrees because it’s true.
            Wasn't my statement. But again, Charlo is not SRL.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post

SRL disagrees
              Jermell charlo isn't srl you can't compare the two. one is a legend of the sport who was already proven at elite level the other is unproven at elite level, and facing his first real test at 33 against canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Gideon lock View Post

Jermell charlo isn't srl you can't compare the two. one is a legend of the sport who was already proven at elite level the other is unproven at elite level, and facing his first real test at 33 against canelo.
                Not comparing….he was stating that it couldn’t be done and I mentioned one had already done it sitting out two or more years. I’ll also add that Jermell unified at lmw where he has remained his entire career. Something also boxers of today do not do. They jump divisions picking off weak champs and bounce all over the place to be a coveted “multi divisional champion.” Look, I don’t believe he’ll beat Canelo but to marginalize his accomplishments (not that you are) is fanboidom.
                Gideon lock Gideon lock likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus26 View Post
                  After looking at Canelos pattern of choosing his opponents when he feels they are ripe for the picking, and the 16 months of inactivity for Charlo reflecting that pattern, I wasn't initially confident with picking against Canelo. But.... after watching their last 3 fights,I've seen improvement in Charlo and regressive signs in Canelo. Charlo also has this confidence about him that seems to have carried over into his preparation and in spite of the weight jump, Charlo might actually be the bigger puncher here.
                  Canelo is counting on the weight jump and inactivity to play into his favor and the hopes that Charlo gets careless and emotionally out of control. I don't see that happening with Charlo. He's likely going to fight a smart, defensively responsible fight but still let his athleticism and smart aggression have a say.
                  If the inactivity doesn't be a factor and Charlo can handle the weight well and get Canelos respect early, I would not rule out an upset here.
                  Birdbrain take right here.

Comment

It's a lot going on here with this fight. I think this a dangerous fight for both fighters. Canelo hasn't looked as sharp recently but is used to the weight and battled test on the other hand Charlo is facing his first real test but he's a sharp, fast, sneaky fighter who's naturally a big dude but still moving up 2 classes.

Idk man I think Canelo takes it but I wouldn't be shocked at all if Charlo comes out and looks like a demon.
                    Last edited by B.U.R.N.E.R; 09-30-2023, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X