Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kenshiro Teraji Halts Hekkie Budler In Ninth Round, Retains Unified Junior Flyweight Crown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trippleupper View Post

I see your point, but I think Nasukawa would have stopped Guzman if he could have.

Very tough to stop a guy who is going into his shell, 100% defense to survive.
    Yeah, I agree. He tried for it, but then backed off instead of pushing for it. The point I was going for is that Herring didn't understand any of this. He was asking on the broadcast why Nasukawa was backing off and giving him space to recover. I figure the reason should have been obvious, especially as he's said in past interviews that he wants to get rounds in to adapt his experience to boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by trippleupper View Post

How do you see Tanaka doing with Junto?
      junto is bigger and fresher. i would favor him against tanaka. i like both fighters. tanaka is wbo#1 (and highest rated with ibf but he probably won't go that route) and junto haven't defended his title against a mandatory yet after winning a vacant belt. it's a logical fight while estrada and ioka finish their business and rest.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

Yeah, I agree. He tried for it, but then backed off instead of pushing for it. The point I was going for is that Herring didn't understand any of this. He was asking on the broadcast why Nasukawa was backing off and giving him space to recover. I figure the reason should have been obvious, especially as he's said in past interviews that he wants to get rounds in to adapt his experience to boxing.
        Got it. I didn't know he had said that in interviews.

Comment

Originally posted by drablj View Post

junto is bigger and fresher. i would favor him against tanaka. i like both fighters. tanaka is wbo#1 (and highest rated with ibf but he probably won't go that route) and junto haven't defended his title against a mandatory yet after winning a vacant belt. it's a logical fight while estrada and ioka finish their business and rest.

I like Tanaka too, but I don't think he'll be too eager to fight Nakatani -- well, a little more eager maybe, after seeing Cortes have his moments the other day.

Comment

Working...
          X