Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kenshiro Teraji Halts Hekkie Budler In Ninth Round, Retains Unified Junior Flyweight Crown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kenshiro is a wrecking machine. He’s a problem.

Comment

I like Jamel Herring, but he's an absolutely terrible commentator. Just some terrible advice.

Like the Nakatani fight. He's like, you got to rush in. Throw the jab, blah blah. Nakatani's got a three inch reach advantage and he's throwing that lead from all different kinds of angles. Following Herring's advice would have just gotten him stopped. Not even a mention of the primary method to get in as an inside fighter against a guy with reach, eg head movement.

Then he doesn't understand why Nasukawa was letting Guzman back in. He was aggressive and unloaded after he hurt him, but backed off to get more rounds in. There was a clear skill differential and he wasn't going to get hurt, so he wanted to get more experience in. How often do you have commentators talk about fighters needing to get more rounds in? He's on his second fight and fighting 8 rounds already, because he needs to adapt his combat experience to boxing. And Herring doesn't like the showboating, but that's what makes him a big star who can get the big money fights. He's one of the most popular fighters in Japan.

Idiot Americans think of him as the guy who got knocked out by Mayweather, but that was a 5-6 division differential. That's like putting Inoue in with Crawford or Crawford in with Tyson Fury. WTF do you expect to happen? And he was told it was supposed to be an exhibition with no knockdowns for that fight. He's got very fast hands, great footwork to get the angles, and counters with combinations. He's now 50-0 in combat sports, 44-0 kickboxer with multiple world titles in multiple divisions, 4-0 MMA, 2-0 boxing. And there's still ignorant people wondering why he's got hype, and why he was the principal support.

​​​​​​

Comment

all i can say it this was the fight card of the weekend for me. solid just solid even the kick boxer with a weak competition was OK but the rest were just great fights. Japan the new and next Mexican fighter.........................

Comment

Teraji when he got in his groove was like a laser beam. Very accurate puncher...
          though not taking anything away from Budler. He definitely came to fight. Good solid matchup.

Comment

Really dissapointed in SKY for not picking this one up & showing it in the UK!!.......

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              I love that you get a I beat his ass diploma in Japan for every fight you win.
              Never thought of it that way
              Eff Pandas Eff Pandas likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by drablj View Post
                steve willis was the star of this fight. i love seeing him in the ring. please junto - tanaka next.
                How do you see Tanaka doing with Junto?

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post
                  I like Jamel Herring, but he's an absolutely terrible commentator. Just some terrible advice.

Like the Nakatani fight. He's like, you got to rush in. Throw the jab, blah blah. Nakatani's got a three inch reach advantage and he's throwing that lead from all different kinds of angles. Following Herring's advice would have just gotten him stopped. Not even a mention of the primary method to get in as an inside fighter against a guy with reach, eg head movement.

Then he doesn't understand why Nasukawa was letting Guzman back in. He was aggressive and unloaded after he hurt him, but backed off to get more rounds in. There was a clear skill differential and he wasn't going to get hurt, so he wanted to get more experience in. How often do you have commentators talk about fighters needing to get more rounds in? He's on his second fight and fighting 8 rounds already, because he needs to adapt his combat experience to boxing. And Herring doesn't like the showboating, but that's what makes him a big star who can get the big money fights. He's one of the most popular fighters in Japan.

Idiot Americans think of him as the guy who got knocked out by Mayweather, but that was a 5-6 division differential. That's like putting Inoue in with Crawford or Crawford in with Tyson Fury. WTF do you expect to happen? And he was told it was supposed to be an exhibition with no knockdowns for that fight. He's got very fast hands, great footwork to get the angles, and counters with combinations. He's now 50-0 in combat sports, 44-0 kickboxer with multiple world titles in multiple divisions, 4-0 MMA, 2-0 boxing. And there's still ignorant people wondering why he's got hype, and why he was the principal support.

​​​​​​
                  I see your point, but I think Nasukawa would have stopped Guzman if he could have.

Very tough to stop a guy who is going into his shell, 100% defense to survive.

Comment

junto vs estrada x ioka winner

i dont think anyone can beat junto now
                    they cant get into reach, and get clipped with speed and power

Comment

kenshiro beats gonzales, then should move up

Comment

Working...
                      X