Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: James: Charlo Would Have To Be Considered One Of Greatest P4P All Time If He Beats Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: James: Charlo Would Have To Be Considered One Of Greatest P4P All Time If He Beats Canelo

Derrick James doesn't understand why Jermell Charlo isn't on every pound-for-pound list by now. Charlo's hand injury has kept him out of the ring for the past 16 months, but he became boxing's first fully unified 154-pound by knocking out Brian Castano in the 10th round of his last fight in May 2022. The 33-year-old Houston native
    [Click Here To Read More]

Sometimes I wonder if some of these opinions are actually serious or just paid/vested opinions to hype up a fight or someone. I'm going with the latter
    Last edited by juanpablo; 09-12-2023, 07:35 PM.

Comment

"greatest pound-for-pound fighters of all time" - does that mean James thinks a victory over Alvarez elevates Charlo into the stratosphere of Mayweather, Moore, Robinson, Greb, Ali, Langford, Charles and many others. To reach the pinnacle the resume has to be deep like having wins over multiple Hall of famers.
      AmpMcv AmpMcv JJ75JJ JJ75JJ like this.

Comment

Derrick better pump those breaks lol.
        AmpMcv AmpMcv JJ75JJ JJ75JJ like this.

Comment

All Time??? It ain’t that serious. He would still be behind Crawford, Inoue, Usyk and a couple others if he beat Alvarez. Alvarez himself still needs to revenge his loss to Bivol.
          JJ75JJ JJ75JJ likes this.

Comment

I guess that means Bivol is one of the greatest p4p of all time lmao.

Comment

Beating Canelo making fighters GOAT candidate nowadays. First Crawbum then Charla. Lmao.

Do they see Canelo GOAT or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamking View Post
                I guess that means Bivol is one of the greatest p4p of all time lmao.
                No sir. Bivol fought a smaller Alvarez. Bivol had the size advantage and had exactly 1 title.

Charlo is undisputed at his weight and is giving up 14 lbs to Alvarez. These wins are going to be vastly different (if Charlo gets it done)

I already think Charlo deserves to be on the p4p list, but him going up to fight Canelo like this and winning will have him as number 1 on my list for damn sure. Most people had Usyk top 5 when he was still a cruiser and that was the only division he ever competed in. Had Spence top 5 and he only competed at WW. I will be giving Charlo his props if he pulls this off.

Comment

One of the greatest depends on the size of that sampling. One of the all time p4p top 10,000, certainly.

Comment

I haven't rooted for Canelo since he fought Floyd.

Please Ginger, have enough left in the tank to knock Charlo out. The incredibly ****** interviews, ducking Tyszu, Derrick James saying he will be an all timer if he beats getting past it Canelo.

Hopefully both Charlo's retire soon. The IQ average of the sport will go up 20 points instantly.
                    AmpMcv AmpMcv Tonyu Tonyu like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X