Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren: Dubois Can't Do What Joshua Did, Which Was Show Usyk Too Much Respect

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frank Warren: Dubois Can't Do What Joshua Did, Which Was Show Usyk Too Much Respect

Frank Warren wants Daniel Dubois to impose his physicality and his will on Oleksandr Usyk as soon as their 12-round heavyweight title fight starts Saturday night in Wroclaw, Poland.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Unless Dubois lands that lucky punch, or Usyk gains his Life Alert medical bracelet overnight, the outcome of this fight feels like a forgone conclusion to me.

Comment

Easier said than done frank. joshua doesn't fight like that period! So stop bringing him up. just go listen to any joshua interview even before the first ruiz fight he thinks of himself as a boxer not a mauling brawling type of fighter. chisora is definitely that and he gave usyk his toughest fight so far at heavyweight. I don't think dubois can do that especially with that torn ACL.

Comment

telling a fighter what to do before a fight is not difficult, asking a fighter to behave inside the ring during a fight is not that hard either the trick is teaching a fighter to do certain things. a fighter can dig down deep and summon the strength the will to go on but if you do not have certain abilities and skills you will not be able to impliment them. I get it stay aggressive but if your opponent can move and shift and make you miss it can make for a long frustrating night inside the ropes. i hope for an interesting fight, surprises both men fighting beyound there skills and heart --cuts head butts knock downs with them getting up again and again i hope but who knows it is a HW two HW's in a ring in Poland..............
        rudy rudy likes this.

Comment

It sounds a bit different to how confident Frank was sounding a week or two ago, when he basically said that Dubois would smash Usyk.

He knows it's a very difficult fight for Dubois to win, but as they say, puncher's chance.
          rudy rudy likes this.

Comment

Its not a matter of showing respect, its a matter of having a limited gas tank and not being able to hit him easily, or hurt him much even when you do land. If you gas out being overly aggressive you're gonna have a really ****ty time with him in the later rounds.

Comment

Would love to be surprised, but don’t see this fight as competitive

Comment

That's just it, Frank. Usyk EARNED AJ's respect and he will EARN DD's respect as well.

Comment

Why did Maidana do better against Floyd than Canelo?

Why did Chisora do better against Usyk than Joshua?

You have to smother boxers. boxing cute or counter-punching don't work.

Comment

should be an easy fight for dubois. hes only lost to the tank joyce but usyk doesnt fight like that. he fights like a scared floyd style

Comment

Working...
                    X