Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo on De La Hoya: I Think He Have a Lot of Issues; He's Not the Person He Shows [Himself to Be]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo on De La Hoya: I Think He Have a Lot of Issues; He's Not the Person He Shows [Himself to Be]

Canelo Alvarez apparently has few regrets about cutting ties with his former promoter, Oscar De La Hoya. In a recent interview, the undisputed 168-pound champion from Mexico reflected on his experience being promoted by De La Hoya, the Hall of Fame fighter and founder of Golden Boy Promotions, and much of Alvarez's retelling, not surprisingly, was negative.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Canelo has discovered only lately what I already knew since De La Hoya was a boxing superstar. All it took was watching his plastic joker smile, even then. Fake as fùck.
    Don2021 Don2021 likes this.

Comment

Utensils is gonna fire back LMMMAO

Comment

No sugar-coating for Canelo. ha ha We should assume they're not close.

Comment

Saw that in the documentary, regarding his children.

Not admirable.
          fragilety fragilety likes this.

Comment

Canelo I feel him, Ryan Garcia on the other hand if de LA Hoya jr to the t that's why they can't get along 2 narcissist in the room. Canelo it seems just wanted more control over his career n to stop dealing with fake ness

Comment

Pot calling the kettle black. There is so much any neutral fan could sling at both men. No matter how he feels about Oscar, without Oscar he wouldn’t be half the famous boxer he is today, and I’ll put that against any argument y’all wanna make. I forget who his original promoter and manager were but without Oscar he’d still be there just like rigo was and likely still is, fighting at the whim of the sub promoter. Also, you can’t be talking about integrity and honor when you’ve fought doped to the gills, I’m glad he’s fine building a company for the Reynoso’s and their how many ped testing failed fighters. I in my heart feel they test his roids on these smaller non named fighters first before he gets them.
              Last edited by turnedup; 08-22-2023, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                Pot calling the kettle black. There is so much any neutral fan could sling at both men. No matter how he feels about Oscar, without Oscar he wouldn’t be half the famous boxer he is today, and I’ll put that against any argument y’all wanna make. I forget who his original promoter and manager were but without Oscar he’d still be there just like rigo was and likely still is, fighting at the whim of the sub promoter. Also, you can’t be talking about integrity and honor when you’ve fought doped to the gills, I’m glad he’s fine building a company for the Reynoso’s and their how many ped testing failed fighters. I in my heart feel they test his roids on these smaller non named fighters first before he gets them.
                Maybe you should say "Without Richard Schaefer," or "Without Eric Gomez?" If you watch the documentary, you can tell it was those two who held down the fort! Oscar was just a figure-head!

Don2021 Don2021 Oldskoolg Oldskoolg like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  Maybe you should say "Without Richard Schaefer," or "Without Eric Gomez?" If you watch the documentary, you can tell it was those two who held down the fort! Oscar was just a figure-head!
                  Where is Richard Schaefer at now? Lmfao stfu moron

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Coleman View Post
                    Saw that in the documentary, regarding his children.

Not admirable.
                    This

This is all I can think of(when i hear of him now).. how times change, I used to root for him and against Floyd..

Now it's the exact opposite, one is a family man, the other im not sure what he is or was
                    Last edited by fragilety; 08-22-2023, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X