Comments Thread For: Spence Looks Back On Crawford Loss: "He's a Strong Dude"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spence should change his name from "the truth" to "BIG LIES"

Comment

I’m legit concerned about Spence’s brain. He sounds punch drunk. He always had a particular intonation but he sounds slow to me. The accident did him no favors. Honestly, why keep fighting after that

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post
        spence needs to work on trying to stay awake mid fight
        Yes, indeed. I agree. Spence's eyes appeared as if he was sleep. His eyes were so tight; That he had trouble keeping them open. When a fighter's eyes sinks that far into the back of their head; It is a clear sign that the fighter is both exhausted and dehydrated.

However, this was not Crawford's fault. It was a self-inflicted wound by Spence himself. He likes to boast that he doesn't need tune ups for big fights. However, this time he got burned big time and exposed for it. The plan backfired.

He wrote a check he couldn't cash. He had spent an entire 15 months out of the ring getting himself old, fat and rusty and he paid dearly for it. He could have had at least a tuneup fight or two within that 15 month time span; To work on both his conditioning, timing and balance.

Hopefully, this time he has learned his lesson because he definitely underestimated Bud because of it.​
        Rebelrbg Rebelrbg Smash Smash like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevsfine View Post
          He actually said this at the post fight interviews, why is this up here like he said it yesterday ???? It Makes no damn sense to me to read it again a week later!!!
          It's because the author, HANS THEMISTODE, is ALWAYS doing this. He takes a quote - usually an older quote - and makes an "article" out of it. On top of that, his consistent pedantic word choice - often when the words don't even apply properly, as if he has Word of the Day on his computer and tries to integrate the words into his writing though he doesn't have the definition or usage correct - is annoying.

So, from now on, I'm going to try to train myself to look at who wrote an article before I read it. Therefore, after this article, don't expect to see me commenting on Hans' "articles". They need to get rid of this dude.
          crimsonfalcon07 crimsonfalcon07 likes this.

Comment

Can't win with boxing fans...first its a 50-50 fight! Then Bud shows the people there are levels and now Errol just wasn't right, he was drained, he ain't the same guy! Errol didn't look off to me til the end of the 2nd round when he got put on his ass. Then that jab started peppering him up and he started getting broken down. Was Crawford the reason his timing was off, or was it just Errol?

Now if they have the rematch at 154 and Crawford ruins Spence's career then they'll say oh he was already finished after the first loss! lol.

Crawford will have to go up and beat Charlo to prove the naysayers...and he's been doing that for some time...
            Last edited by -EX-; 08-05-2023, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
              He could have had at least a tuneup fight or two within that 15 month time span; To work on both his conditioning, timing and balance.

;
              when i see a guy whos had a layoff or issues going into a big fight saying i dont want or need a tune up, i think, u are going to lose most likely

Comment

He better contact Victor Conte if he wants to be as strong as Bud

Comment

Originally posted by Leicesterage View Post
                  Still humble in loss. Deserves respeck for that at least.

But Errol knows he didn't show up. Physically OR mentally.
                  How is this humble?

Originally posted by Errol Spence
                  Everybody at the top level has some type of power but I think because my timing was off, he was catching me in between shots.
                  Spence showed up 100% and lost to the better man. End of story.
                  Mike con Mike con likes this.

Comment

i made money off bud I thought he had the tools to win, at first I thought it was going to be close but over time I knew bud would win, and spence looked off, his eyes looked like he ate one of those mike tyson edibles and he got too high, its no excuse but you cant ignore how off he looked walking into the arena

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

True. Danny Garcia didn't carry power up from 140. Mikey was a featherweight. Ugas isn't a puncher. Porter is a mauler, he might have respectable power but he smothers his work.

Ocampo is a decent puncher but he lasted less than one round, so we never got to see him take any.

Brook was a solid puncher but dead at the weight after dropping 2 weight classes.
                      hahah.. well said… nice way to expose, a so called great resume.. All of Bud’s past opponents give Spence a beat down-

Comment

Working...
                      X