No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dmitry Bivol is Hoping To Defend His Title in October

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Dmitry Bivol is Hoping To Defend His Title in October

WBA light heavyweight world champion Dmitry Bivol is planning to have his next fight in the month of October, according to the athlete's manager Vadim Kornilov.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Bivol has been the biggest loser of 2023 thus far. Lost any momentum he had. MR deliberately shelved him IMO.
    Regge Regge MulaKO MulaKO like this.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      Bivol has been the biggest loser of 2023 thus far. Lost any momentum he had. MR deliberately shelved him IMO.
      I think this was part of the problem with the Zurdo fight being in Abu Dhabi. If it was in LA it'd probably have done a decent crowd and further built Bivol's name in the States. I think they were dealt a blow with Buatsi rejecting the fight but now who's really going to watch Bivol headline in Chicago against Rivera or something? They should throw Yarde a big offer for a fight in the UK, but I doubt they will.

Comment

I am still hoping, beyond all reason, that we will see Bivol and Beterbiev. There is no bigger fight for either man (Canelo rematch with Bivol is the exception, of course). There is no bigger fight for legacy. If Beterbiev has to drop a waist trinket and get another promotor, I hope he does.

Like i said... I hope beyond all reason. I hate myself.
        Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

Why hasn't Fast Eddie let Bivol feast on a steady diet of Euro-boxers like he did with Cinnabon? It would sell well over there and expand his brand, while filling both of their pockets, and grow the anticipation of the undisputed fight. Even if that fight never comes to fruition, becoming a popular name over there by beating up their best would open up so many opportunities besides Cinnabon.
          JakeTheBoxer JakeTheBoxer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebelrbg View Post
            Why hasn't Fast Eddie let Bivol feast on a steady diet of Euro-boxers like he did with Cinnabon? It would sell well over there and expand his brand, while filling both of their pockets, and grow the anticipation of the undisputed fight. Even if that fight never comes to fruition, becoming a popular name over there by beating up their best would open up so many opportunities besides Cinnabon.
            Because the bivol payday ain't the same as a canelo payday for the euro bums.

They not taking a automatic loss to bivol for 200k. A Canelo automatic loss was paying 7 figures
            Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantAJ View Post

I think this was part of the problem with the Zurdo fight being in Abu Dhabi. If it was in LA it'd probably have done a decent crowd and further built Bivol's name in the States. I think they were dealt a blow with Buatsi rejecting the fight but now who's really going to watch Bivol headline in Chicago against Rivera or something? They should throw Yarde a big offer for a fight in the UK, but I doubt they will.
              I felt they were deliberately shelving him for the Canelo rematch as I believe Bivol only has one fight left with MR. Then Canelo went to PBC and it’s left Bivol essentially option-less.

Comment

Even though Bivol beat but couldnīt hurt or KO a much smaller Canelo ( reason for the win), he is irrelevant. Canelo calls the shots still.

Comment

Bivol was relevant only because he beat Canelo! Other tan that he is going into the darkness. He has value, no personality to be relevant! He dig his own grave, when he thought he can negotiate with the face of boxing. People who don’t know anything about boxing thought Canelo was done and embarrassed by Bivol? Please people Canelo dared to be great and took on a huge challenge. Who is doing this now? Only Jermell has Canelo’s style balls.

Comment

Originally posted by budfr View Post
                    Even though Bivol beat but couldnīt hurt or KO a much smaller Canelo ( reason for the win), he is irrelevant. Canelo calls the shots still.
                    I think he was thinking rematch all the way and money within the rematch. Maybe that is why he chose not to kill the ginger midget in there the 1st time.

But I bet you whatever you want that if there is a rematch Bivol will go for the KO.

Comment

Working...
                    X