Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jaron Ennis: I Can Make This Weight [147] As Long As I Want; Wasn't Sucked Down, Drained

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought Villa would give Ennis more problems. Boots vs Tszyu? I always felt Boots could take Tszyu.
    real raw real raw likes this.

Comment

All I can say is that the kid is one Hell of an athlete who can hit and take a punch. I mean Roiman hit him with some very solid counters that would have put the average welterweight on the canvass

However, Jaron just simply walked straight through them as if they were nothing. In addition, Ennis was perhaps the hardest puncher he has ever faced and he is a very durable guy.

Until Saturday night; No one has ever been able to buckle him, hurt him or dropped him like Boots Ennis did. These tribalist/race bigot fans should might as well face it. This kid is special.​ He's the future welterweight champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing2695 View Post

I think he should fight Tim Tzyu. That's a really good fight for him don't think Tim would take it tho because he's basically gotta world title in waiting now charlos gone up for the canelo fight but if the challenges ain't there at 147 maybe go up an get one of the straps at 154. or like you said somebody like a Ugas or a stanionas at 147
        Yeah , he definitely gonna hang around 147 imo
        Not a bad thing unless he’s gonna wait for Bud/Spence ( wouldn’t be wise )

Comment

Just not a fan of big guys squeezing down just because they can. SIR, YOU ARE A JR MIDDLEWEIGHT.

I don't know what Ennis rehydrated to but he looked big compared to Villa who ain't a small welter himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing2695 View Post

He's a very big welterweight aswell. He's 25 tho so he has the youth on his side for the time being but when he starts getting to 28-29 it's harder to stay at the weight.
            He stops Canelo

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
              Just not a fan of big guys squeezing down just because they can. SIR, YOU ARE A JR MIDDLEWEIGHT.

I don't know what Ennis rehydrated to but he looked big compared to Villa who ain't a small welter himself.
              ————
              Sugar Ray Leonard squeezed down to 147 and fought as high as 168.
              Oscar is 5”10
              Hopkins reigned at 160 for years
              Spence is big at 147
              Ortiz is having health issues perhaps because of squeezing to 147

Boxing is packed with big guys sticking at lower beating up smaller guys.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

Especially if the first fight is a huge success , Boots won’t have that opportunity before awhile
                He should just do what he got to do
                Was happy he was calling out Stanionis , Keef or Ugas
                Make your own legacy
                2025 at the earliest

Comment

Originally posted by real raw View Post

2025 at the earliest
                  Even then , Spence will probably move up
                  Wouldn’t be surprised if Bud does the same

Comment

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
                    ————
                    Sugar Ray Leonard squeezed down to 147 and fought as high as 168.
                    Oscar is 5”10
                    Hopkins reigned at 160 for years
                    Spence is big at 147
                    Ortiz is having health issues perhaps because of squeezing to 147

Boxing is packed with big guys sticking at lower beating up smaller guys.
                    That's right but Floyd, Pacquiao, Canelo an Bud fight close to their natural weight that's why they are held in much higher regard..

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post

That's right but Floyd, Pacquiao, Canelo an Bud fight close to their natural weight that's why they are held in much higher regard..
                      ———
                      I am with you on that but to be fair, that’s how boxing is and it sucks AND people take advantage of that.
                      It’s the same thing with catchweight, glove size, even judges etc

Comment

Working...
                      X