Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jaron Ennis: I Can Make This Weight [147] As Long As I Want; Wasn't Sucked Down, Drained

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jaron Ennis: I Can Make This Weight [147] As Long As I Want; Wasn't Sucked Down, Drained

ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - It appears as though another undefeated welterweight knockout artist in his mid-20s must, at the very least, move up to the junior middleweight division due to the damage making the 147-pound limit has done to his body. Whereas Vergil Ortiz Jr. clearly has some difficult decisions to make after suffering another health scare last week, Jaron Ennis is completely confident that he can remain a welterweight for the foreseeable future.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Welterweight is the most prestigious title. So long as Jaron can make it he should. Everyone wants Jaron v the winner of Spence Crawford. Don't confuse Boots with issues Ortiz may be having.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Eriugenus View Post
      Welterweight is the most prestigious title. So long as Jaron can make it he should. Everyone wants Jaron v the winner of Spence Crawford. Don't confuse Boots with issues Ortiz may be having.
      Spence TC have rematch clauses and talks of moving up, especially so with Spence he cant make 147 for much longer. I don't see Ennis getting a fight with either any time soon,

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post

Spence TC have rematch clauses and talks of moving up, especially so with Spence he cant make 147 for much longer. I don't see Ennis getting a fight with either any time soon,
        Especially if the first fight is a huge success , Boots won’t have that opportunity before awhile
        He should just do what he got to do
        Was happy he was calling out Stanionis , Keef or Ugas
        Make your own legacy

Comment

Yeah can't see him getting the winner or the loser or bud vs Spence. Thell see him as a high risk with nothing to gain because he's definitely the next guy at 147. He should look to fight someone like stanionas next now that stanionas is away from the Ortiz fight. Or if the belts fragment at 154 maybe go up there and have a crack at one of them
          Last edited by Boxing2695; 07-09-2023, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Boots has the frame, athleticism and skills to be able to move between 147-154 no problem.

Comment

Young people can do that!
              older guys
              stay at the same weight but dodgy changes

my body is not getting leaner or fat

I’m just old

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                Young people can do that!
                older guys
                stay at the same weight but dodgy changes

my body is not getting leaner or fat

I’m just old
                He's a very big welterweight aswell. He's 25 tho so he has the youth on his side for the time being but when he starts getting to 28-29 it's harder to stay at the weight.
                Zaroku Zaroku likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

Especially if the first fight is a huge success , Boots won’t have that opportunity before awhile
                  He should just do what he got to do
                  Was happy he was calling out Stanionis , Keef or Ugas
                  Make your own legacy
                  I think he should fight Tim Tzyu. That's a really good fight for him don't think Tim would take it tho because he's basically gotta world title in waiting now charlos gone up for the canelo fight but if the challenges ain't there at 147 maybe go up an get one of the straps at 154. or like you said somebody like a Ugas or a stanionas at 147
                  Last edited by Boxing2695; 07-09-2023, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing2695 View Post

He's a very big welterweight aswell. He's 25 tho so he has the youth on his side for the time being but when he starts getting to 28-29 it's harder to stay at the weight.
                    He’s pretty awesome
                    Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X