Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jaron Ennis on Fighting Eimantas Stanionis: I'll Take That in a Heartbeat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mattr View Post
    Ennis has made an impressive paper record off of fighting bums.
    Not one top name in his ledger.
    The step up to Crawford or Spence gonna be HUGE, and all the Ennis suckers gonna be caught with his balls in their mouths.
    ——-
    Another casual bites the dust. Who else should Boots be fighting genius?
    Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicesterage View Post

So frustrating. He KNOWS what he's doing wrong, he admits it, but keeps doing it.

He's a likeable guy and clearly, CLEARLY talented. If he would just...FIX the bold, listen to the damn corner if that's the issue.
      He's too worried about the haters! He wants the KO more than the victory! That being said, if he didn't get the KO, imagine all the hate! Sometimes you have to take one to give one! His chin is solid too!
      Rebelrbg Rebelrbg Since1976 Deleted like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        He's too worried about the haters! He wants the KO more than the victory! That being said, if he didn't get the KO, imagine all the hate! Sometimes you have to take one to give one! His chin is solid too!
        That's my only worry about Ennis. I can tell the social media side affects him. Only time he looks nervous is when he tries to add that extra something on the mic. Even the ring entrance didn't feel right.

​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          I firmly believe he would have taken Villa out before that if he'd done what (apparently) his corner was telling him - which is hit and NOT get hit. He can move and land, he did at the end.

Fundora looked like a world beater standing and trading - until he didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicesterage View Post

I firmly believe he would have taken Villa out before that if he'd done what (apparently) his corner was telling him - which is hit and NOT get hit. He can move and land, he did at the end.

Fundora looked like a world beater standing and trading - until he didn't.
            He wants to put on a show, more than just win, and that might catch up with him! I remember when Tommy Hearns had the victory in the bag, and started playing with Sugar Ray? At this point though, without KOs, the people won't come out! Damn if you do, and damn if you don't!

Comment

Ugas imho would’ve jumped at the chance if not for the Thurman fight. I think Ennis has the potential to be great but he’s not hard to walk into a dog fight and well, chins hold up until they don’t. Some of the shots he ate last night shouldn’t have connected, and the opponent had heart but not enough tactic to set up his punches. I’m still not sold on boots 100% but time will either cement him or not, for now the hype isn’t exactly justified. This looks all great when you are teeing off with a reach and speed advantage but his discipline for sticking to the blueprint he strays and too much playing up for the crowd.

Comment

Ugas imho would’ve jumped at the chance if not for the Thurman fight. I think Ennis has the potential to be great but he’s not hard to walk into a dog fight and well, chins hold up until they don’t. Some of the shots he ate last night shouldn’t have connected, and the opponent had heart but not enough

Don't agree at all. I said before the fight that moving away would be disastrous for Jaron. He didn't make that mistake, & he pretty much broke down, beat up & took out Villa. In the process he took a few shots. Of course he did, its a fight between top contenders; you can't go out in the rain & complain about getting wet. I definitely wouldn't say he took any really heavy, concussive shots. To me, totally, Jaron deserves his shot. The nightmare for Jaron is that Crawford v Spence ends in a 'D' or a hotly contested 'SD' or, I admit unlikely, one guy is totally outclassing the other & gets caught by a huge shot & stopped. In any of those circumstances Spence v Crawford II is nailed on & poor old 'Boots' gets kicked back down the queue. Remember, 'Boots' is 26. He isn't 'old' but he isn't exactly a young kid anymore. He needs & deserves his shot.
                joseph5620 joseph5620 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler69 View Post

Lmfao the hype is unreal. Booty beat a face first bum and now getting all this praise for it lmao crazy
                  Hate destroys your ability to think logically. Now, you're claiming Villa is a bum as well as Boots. Villa just beat two undefeated fighters as the underdog in his previous fights, and Ortiz turned down the fight against Boots for Stanionis, which is closer to his style. You must have taken some serious ass whoopings to become such an avid keyboard warrior. You call clearly good fighters that give their all in the ring bums, while you hide behind your computer, afraid to leave the porch. Just keep seducing your hand, and avoid contact with anyone besides your anime club.
                  Barristan Barristan likes this.

Comment

Should have happened long time ago in Jaron Boots' 20th fight,
                    which is only Stanionis' 10th.
                    Team Ennis sculpted his career slowly and methodically.

32 fights and his very first step-up fight is with Plain Vanilla Villa.
                    Last edited by rickJen; 07-09-2023, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebelrbg View Post

Hate destroys your ability to think logically. Now, you're claiming Villa is a bum as well as Boots. Villa just beat two undefeated fighters as the underdog in his previous fights, and Ortiz turned down the fight against Boots for Stanionis, which is closer to his style. You must have taken some serious ass whoopings to become such an avid keyboard warrior. You call clearly good fighters that give their all in the ring bums, while you hide behind your computer, afraid to leave the porch. Just keep seducing your hand, and avoid contact with anyone besides your anime club.
                      Love is destroying your ability to think logically.

The bolded part is just a straight up lie. Absolutely no sources or anything about ortiz turing down a booty ennis fight. Fvkcing idiot. You just lost any credibility (not that you had any to begin with) you had with that bs

Comment

Working...
                      X