Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Terence Crawford: "The Greatest Fight Of My Career Was Against Ricky Burns"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will that change after july 29th? Im expecting Buds best version ever ,same from ESJ. Counting the days.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      No one can come up with a better resume than Crawford's in the post-May/Pac era.

I dare you to name 5 fighters with better resumes.
      Inoue
      Usyk
      Alvarez
      Bivol
      GGG

Wambamsam Wamb likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by greeneye99 View Post

Well since you're soo confident put your $100 on Spence I going with Crawford
        Let's Bet....
        I’m game GreenOjos. I’ll take Spence for a bill player
        Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post

Inoue
          Usyk
          Alvarez
          Bivol
          GGG
          Inoue’s beaten decent fighters, but no one as good as Porter. Not one opponent stands out. Biggest name there is 40 year old Donaire, who gave him hell in the first fight.

GGG, eh. His claim to fame was KO’ing bums and 2 close fights with Canelo. Thought he lost to Jacobs and Dereyanchenko.

Bivol? Smith, Canelo, Barrera, Zurdo, Pascal, Chilemba…decent resume. But 8 decisions in a row? Does he plan to ever KO a fighter again? And he couldn’t KO Canelo, a former 147lb fighter who looked obese at the weight and who he was catching with anything he threw.

Usyk yes, Canelo yes.

That’s 2, you need 3 more.

Comment

Originally posted by MesicoFistology View Post
            lol Ricky Burns who had never even beaten any elite fighters..Ricky burns who was never on the pound for pound list. That’s Terrence Crawford “greatest” opponent lmao that shows how weak his resume is. He only fights old washed up ex champions like khan Brook and Porter. Or uknown bums like David Avenesyan
            Listen to the entire interview before post such an ignorant comment. Crawford didn't say it was his toughest opponent, or greatest opponent. He was talking about how big the moment was for him. That was his first world title and he won it overseas in front of a hostile crowd who thought their hometown hero was going to be victorious.

In my opinion, Crawford's greatest opponent, as far as status was Gamboa.....he at the time was top 5 on the p4p list, unbeaten and still in his prime. Crawford's confidence in his overall worth in the sport changed after that fight. Most ignorant Man Fans who claim to be Boxing Fans try to discredit the Gamboa fight with hindsight seeing who Gamboa is today, but at that time....Gamboa was one of the best in the sport.....Crawford came from having no real promotion to beating up a world champion in a sparring session (Tim Bradley), to getting his shot at greatness vs Ricky Burns...... Crawford literally started from the bottom in this sport. Not like the likes of Floyd, Spence, Shakur, etc.....as fighters who had the red carpet for him coming from the Olympics to the pros.
            greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

Burns was a good world class fighter when at his best. But against Crawford he was a finished fighter. His last good fight was against Mitchell. Then he changed dramatically after that and looked horrible against Gonzales were he was lucky he quit later in the fight as he was running away with it. Then he lost to Beltran but got a gift decision.
              I remember being gobsmacked that he beat Mitchell as he was my favourite boxer, dealt with him with ease!
              After that the fight to make should have been the Broner/DeMarco or Vasquez fight but Frank Warren tried to force him into a fight with Liam Walsh(who Tank beat in a round or two)

Comment

Inoue’s beaten decent fighters, but no one as good as Porter. Not one opponent stands out. Biggest name there is 40 year old Donaire, who gave him hell in the first fight.

GGG, eh. His claim to fame was KO’ing bums and 2 close fights with Canelo. Thought he lost to Jacobs and Dereyanchenko.

Bivol? Smith, Canelo, Barrera, Zurdo, Pascal, Chilemba…decent resume. But 8 decisions in a row? Does he plan to ever KO a fighter again? And he couldn’t KO Canelo, a former 147lb fighter who looked obese at the weight and who he was catching with anything he threw.

Usyk yes, Canelo yes.

That’s 2, you need 3 more.
                Is this a serious comment? Resumes can mean more with just being top heavy. For example,

I’d take Teofimo’s resume over Crawfords! A win against Taylor, Loma, Commey, and two other bums is better than Crawfords at the top, not necessarily quality depth but still at the peak.

then Taylor even. Prograis, Ramirez, Baranchyk, Cattrell

Spence even. Porter, García, García, Brook, ugas,

both Garcías could have arguably better resumes. Especially Mikey (because Danny took a lot of Ls).

Chocolatito is up there, Estrada is up there.

I’m not here to bash Crawford. There’s hella good things about Crawford. If he beats Spence (which he can do) then his resume will finally skyrocket. But comparing resumes isn’t something I would use as an argument for how great he is. Spence is great! Crawford is great! But his resume is not.

Comment

No one can come up with a better resume than Crawford's in the post-May/Pac era.

I dare you to name 5 fighters with better resumes.
                  Joking? Canelo and Loma easily have the best resumes since Pac/May. Fury, GGG, Usyk, Inoue all have better resumes as well. Teo’s three best wins are better than Crawford’s three best.

Comment

All the best fighters suffer from a resume shortfall because people are scared of them when they’re at their peak. I followed GGG’s career through the days when he was breaking ribs and orbital bones, and the best elite fighters would not engage with him. Alvarez stalled him for years. After he aged and finally won by a decision rather than a (skull-cracking) knockout, suddenly everyone wanted to sign him up. This is why comparing resumes on excellent pugilists like Crawford and Spence is nearly futile. I mean, you gotta do that to some extent, but you also have to be careful not to place too much stock in the comparisons. It promises to be a good contest. Crawford seems to be the sentimental favorite, but it’s honestly a 50/50 contest. Either man could win. And I don’t even have a feel for which one the judges are apt to favor.

Comment

Originally posted by El-Malo- View Post

I’m game GreenOjos. I’ll take Spence for a bill player
                      Alright well everyone talks it up well until fight night
                      Please message me to confirm & to make payment arrangements
                      Last guy didn't pay up

Comment

Working...
                      X