Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you do with Berlanga?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sit him down, look him straight in the eye and tell him he's not a main card fighter nor is he the next face of PR boxing. Not yet at least. Quigley was supposed to be his new start party, come in, beat the guy up, get a KO. Berlanga's had nothing but excuses for his KO drought. As for the face of PR boxing, it's gotta be Xander Zayas. Top Rank does a far better job building up their fighters then Matchroom. Once you've somehow hammered (maybe metaphorically but probably will need to be literally) those two notions into Edgar's head you can have him in co feature or undercard slots and get him in other fighter's sparring camps so he can actually learn. I think Edgar feels the pressure of his KO drought and being a main event fighter and it makes him anxious so take some of the pressure off him by taking some of the cameras off of him until he gets more experience and training in other fighter's sparring camps will help him grow and gain more experience. Basically he needs to humble himself.

Comment

Originally posted by OnlyBeingHonest View Post
      GGG. Even if he loses its to an established guy so it won’t drop his stock any further. Seems like a fight GGG would like also.
      Agree with this. Makes sense for both guys imo

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post

Mosley jr is a good match up considering how crude Berlanga still is. He’s not going to be the next big PR star. He gets as far as a B+ win because I really can’t see him winning against an A level fighter.

Canelo breaks him down.
        Munguia swarms him and the ref has to step in.
        Bivol would take something out of him akin to Hopkins/Pavlik but actually violent.
        Benavidez would be the first time in history they sanction an on air execution.

I’d pull the emergency brake and just try to move him slowly without all this talk of him being the next big thing out of PR. If I’m honest, I’d just put him in with:

Gabriel Rosado to get a name and see if he can be the first to stop him (most likely not but it gives him a chance to try out new stuff on the stage)

Mosley, Jr (good name and if Mosley, Jr. wins it’ll do wonders for that kid’s career)

Caleb Plant (I like this fight for the boxer/puncher match-up even though Berlanga would still be outmatched)
        A Rosado fight might actually be good for him. But a high chance he loses

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler69 View Post

A Rosado fight might actually be good for him. But a high chance he loses
          Rosado is retired. Even if he wasn't I'd still favor Berlanga to win, Rosado as he got older got craftier but never better.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
            Super Middleweight Version of JuanMa Lopez...LITERALLY!

Put him in with Munguia and he gets steam rolled IMO, he has the "IT" factor outside of the ring but unfortunately he doesn't have the talent or skills in the ring. He is The Great Hall Of Fame Matchmaker Bruce Trampler and Recently Inducted Hall Of Famer Brad Goodman creation basically they did just a masterful job of matching him up perfectly to collect those KO's but since the competition has gotten just slightly better he has looked average and even below average and those KO's have completely stopped

He gets Battered and stop vs Munguia, Pacheco...hell BJS can jump off his couch and beat this dude right now. GGG still has more than enough to stop him IMO, Derevyenchenko beats him, John Ryder...

Just saying, I'm not seeing any improvement what so ever
            Don't see it at all. Atleast Juanma was beating legit competition. Juanmas destruction of Ponce de Leon in one round to win was nice and he also fought and beat a couple of decent opponents at that time. Had a war with Marquez's brother but ultimately his flaw was that he fell in love with his power and thought he could ko everyone early. I still remember the Matagwua fight which Lopez never looked the same again. He forgot to box and decided he wanted to slug with everyone and ultimately paid the price. Atleast he was champ and beating decent opponents before he started looking like trash. Berlanga looks horrible and he's not even fighting contenders. He looks uncomfortable when he can't get the opponents out of there in a couple of rounds and his boxing doesn't look very good. I remember Lopez would box early and set everything up with the jab. Berlanga looks awkward when trying to box and cut off the ring.
            sicko sicko likes this.

Comment

I wouldn't give him a cat in hells chance of beating Munguia or even a shopworn Derevyancehnko.

I don't know what you do with him tbf I don't want to say he is talentless but he ain't exactly far off.
              I straight up wouldn't even fancy his chances vs say an Uzcategui.

Maybe match him vs a few sort of known, second tier Brits then try an age out a big name?
              I think that would probably be the most lucrative route take on a few second tier Brits, get his name known over here then maybe drag a name up like a Chris Eubank Jr

Comment

Feed him with Bumdrade.

Comment

Working...
                X