Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Joshua really lose the Usyk rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Joshua really lose the Usyk rematch?

I thought so but what if more than just that one judge thought otherwise? Would you just accept that decision and say that Joshua had avenged his loss, all hail the king?

Or...would you say it was a robbery? It really was fairly close.

he didnt lose. he won. just like trump.

Comment

It would have been a disgraceful robbery, the one judge who gave joshua the win is an embarrassment to the sport.

Comment

He clearly lost. I had it 117-111 to Usyk.

The 115-113 to Joshua was an absolute disgrace. The fix was definitely in like the Bivol-Canelo cards.

Comment

1, 4, 7, 10, 11, 12 were the only clear Usyk rounds, imo.

Comment

I thought he lost. BUT if they gave him the W do you think he would have rematched Usyk or avoid it like he did with Ruiz

he’s still 1-1 with Ruiz and lost by KO
            4truth 4truth baroidi baroidi like this.

Comment

Originally posted by ralex View Post
              I thought he lost. BUT if they gave him the W do you think he would have rematched Usyk or avoid it like he did with Ruiz

he’s still 1-1 with Ruiz and lost by KO
              I give him a pass on the Ruiz trilogy, simply because after Andy's abysmal showing in the rematch, nobody would pay to see a 3rd.

Tough question on a 3rd with Usyk. I think he would have rematched Usyk, as the public would have demanded it. It's not like he could move out of the weight class to avoid it.

Comment

Nobody supported AJ like me and there was a moment in the 9th when I thought " Damn Josh take him out son you have done it, just one more uppercut" ...... Then Usyk absolutely battered him in from round 10 to the final bell. AJ became a walking punch bag

Comment

Hearn on his immediate reaction to Anthony Joshua’s latest loss

“Brilliant performance by (Joshua). You know, he boxed a great fight, it was just the brilliance of Usyk in the 10th round, 11th round, and the 12th round that won him the fight. And I couldn’t believe he came back in the fight like that after the ninth, but it shows you what an incredible fighter he is.” On the scorecard that had Joshua winning

“I felt he lost by two rounds. But when it’s 115-113 it’s a swing of one or two rounds and you can see it the other way. I had AJ level or maybe up at the end of the ninth, but then I had Usyk winning the last three rounds. I thought he was incredible. I thought the 10th round was one of the great performances.

“The ninth (AJ could’ve got the stoppage), Usyk was all over the place. He was hurt badly, he went back to the corner, and I ran over because I saw Usyk go back to the corner, he looked like he could be done. But what Usyk did in the 10th round was unbelievable. And that’s why he’s pound-for-pound #1.”

Even eddie thought AJ lost & said so too, thats why AJ gave him that black eye

https://www.badlefthook.com/2022/8/2...xing-news-2022
                  4truth 4truth likes this.

Comment

He lost clearly. Same score as the first fight. MAYBE Joshua won one more round.

Guys saw Usyk play possum in the 9th round and want to give Joshua the win based on that alone.
                    Rys Rys 4truth 4truth like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X