Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez Vacates WBO Junior Welterweight Title, Sticks To Retirement Claim

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez Vacates WBO Junior Welterweight Title, Sticks To Retirement Claim

Teofimo Lopez remains serious about his retirement talk. The two-division lineal champion has severed ties with the WBO junior welterweight title just five days after the 25-year-old boxer dethroned Scotland's Josh Taylor. Lopez insisted after his sensational win that he was done with the sport. His actions since then at least lend support to that claim.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Danm he just lost negotiation leverage. Well wish the guy a happy retirement and hopefully his baby momma don't take all his money
    champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

Lopez is still Ring champ, get ready for Barboza-Ramirez for the WBO vacant strap.
      brown_knight06 brown_knight06 likes this.

Comment

Beat Haney then retire.

Comment

Appreciate the boxing journalism taking place in this space. With some referencing Teo as a two time undisputed champion, spelling it out that he was never undisputed would be helpful to those that are delusional. Taking nothing away from Lopez' accomplishments, it would have been great to see him actually chase and achieve true undisputed status. Although it wouldn't have been easy, I think he could have pulled it off with the right matchups and maturity, at either 135 or 140.
          champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

Guess it makes sense. He's got to deal with this divorce and that takes a while, especially if it's not amicable, and only one side has the money. No sense having to deal with mandatories being ordered.

Comment

I hope mans put all his stuff in his parents name. She gonna take him for all he’s worth.
              TelMex TelMex likes this.

Comment

Nash is a Lopez fan and stated that he would beat Taylor here on Boxingscene (before the fight) But you can't beat Jack Catterall's leftovers and think you have completed boxing. Teo vs Tank is huge. Teo vs Haney, Teo vs Claressa Shields for the Uni*** belt, all sorts still to accomplish. Nash out
                Slowhand Slowhand Smash Smash like this.

Comment

I thought he was just spaming us about retirement. Not so I guess.
                  NC Uppercut NC Uppercut Smash Smash like this.

Comment

I have a feeling Lopez is about to file for bankruptcy and then battle the divorce case. He will take on boxing after he has sorted his household

Comment

Working...
                    X