Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder Expects to Return to Ring 'No Later Than September'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post

No, Wilder thinks it also.
    And Haymon. And Finkel.

Comment

Wilder has been hanging around the top 3 for some time. But the reality is, he's never proven he's worthy of it. He could actually, not even be top 5. But we won't know unless he actually steps up to a higher level. He's already lost 3 times to Fury. But he could lose to Usyk, Joshua, even potentially Ruiz and Whyte. But he's avoided all the top challenges. I so hope he fights Joshua. And if he beats him, fair enough. Fighting Ngannou tells us nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by trippleupper View Post
        Am I the only person who thinks he will be absolutely smashed by Joshua?
        Probably.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post

I think the Andy Ruiz punch that started the beginning of end for Josh just caught him in a bad spot and when josh was off guard and totally committed. If that particular punch didn't land you d not have seen Josh on floor so often after it.d
          I don't think wilder will find the same punch as Ruiz. Sure I think wilder can knock Josh down, but won't necessarily have the same effect as Ruiz first knockdown of josh. Even though wilder is harder puncher.
          It will be an interesting fight for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by OldTerry View Post

Since styles make fights, I don't see the results Wilders' fights against being a barometer of what his success would be against Joshua. I favor Wilder 70/30 because of his quickness in landing devasting punches, and Joshua is a bit chinny.
            Spot on. It's an ultra high risk fight for Joshua because of the match up of their respective strengths and weaknesses. Not a concept lost on Matchroom.
            OldTerry OldTerry likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post
              Wilder has been hanging around the top 3 for some time. But the reality is, he's never proven he's worthy of it. He could actually, not even be top 5. But we won't know unless he actually steps up to a higher level. He's already lost 3 times to Fury. But he could lose to Usyk, Joshua, even potentially Ruiz and Whyte. But he's avoided all the top challenges. I so hope he fights Joshua. And if he beats him, fair enough. Fighting Ngannou tells us nothing.
              An Olympic medalist, the most wins in the division, the most KOs in the division, the most title fights won in the division, the highest KO percent of any title holder in history, a draw and 4 solid knockdowns against Fury and never, ever fought a man he didn't at least draw with. The 1st Fury fight he knocked the other champion spark out and was never hurt once himself, so only under amateur rules would Fury have won that one. And, he twice KOd an undefeated Luis Ortiz, who was the best heavyweight of the past decade who didn't win a title...and didn't win one only because he went after Wilder.

You're a hard guy to please.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow The Wisp View Post

An Olympic medalist, the most wins in the division, the most KOs in the division, the most title fights won in the division, the highest KO percent of any title holder in history, a draw and 4 solid knockdowns against Fury and never, ever fought a man he didn't at least draw with. The 1st Fury fight he knocked the other champion spark out and was never hurt once himself, so only under amateur rules would Fury have won that one. And, he twice KOd an undefeated Luis Ortiz, who was the best heavyweight of the past decade who didn't win a title...and didn't win one only because he went after Wilder.

You're a hard guy to please.
                Ortiz hasn't best anyone good though. At least josh has beat people, that have also beat good people.
                You really rate wilders draw against weak as a kitten fury in 1st fight? Fury goes down against everyone, so why is it a big deal wilder drops fury?
                You should be concerned wilder loses rounds in all fights with fury and can't go 12 rounds.
                Last edited by hugh grant; 06-14-2023, 03:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X