Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez Wants 'Nine-Figure' Contract to Continue Fighting, Will Consider Retirement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His last 3 fights were a boring ass fights. Derevyanchenko and Munguia deserve better paydays than this clown. Let him retire.

Comment

This idiot isn't going to get no 9 figure paychecks when he rants about killing people in the ring.

Granted Wilder still did, but he's from Alabama so he gets a pass.

Comment

I understand his rationale. He's asking for something unreasonable with the hope of negotiating to something more reasonable than he is receiving. He DESERVES to be paid more than Loma and Taylor from an American promotional company because he beat them both and is a bigger draw for American and Latino fans. Receiving 5 or 8 million for a fight should not be out of the range for a fighter that has beaten arguably the top lineal champion in 2 different divisions.

Comment

I don't understand the economics of boxing but hey, if somebody will pay Lopez 9 figures to fight, more power to him.
          Boxers risk their lives in the ring (besides having a shorter life expectancy than any other athlete) so I think a fighter should make all the money he can every time he steps into the ring.
          As for retirement, it's probably just talk. Teo's young and boxing is the thing he does best. If he doesn't love boxing anymore he should retire but hopefully he doen't look back and regret walking away from the sport.
          Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

lmao Teo is truly delusional. Nobody will cry if you retire!

Comment

Whatever…the world will keep spinning
              danceswithfire danceswithfire likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebelrbg View Post
                I understand his rationale. He's asking for something unreasonable with the hope of negotiating to something more reasonable than he is receiving. He DESERVES to be paid more than Loma and Taylor from an American promotional company because he beat them both and is a bigger draw for American and Latino fans. Receiving 5 or 8 million for a fight should not be out of the range for a fighter that has beaten arguably the top lineal champion in 2 different divisions.
                Money for fights is based on the draw of the fighter, or both fighters. It doesn't matter who he beats if no one wants to buy his fights because he sounds nuts and people disregard him. Had he spectacularly KO'd Sandor, Taylor, left the boxing world stunned, people might buy "the takeover" stuff.

As it is his, he barely beat a one armed Loma and it could have been a draw. He got whipped by Kambo and made excuses. He looked like crap against Martin. He beat Taylor, but it wasn't a knockout or a stoppage.

Casuals pay for excitement, action, ko's. Today's boxing mindset for many fighters is apparently, "well, if I beat good fighters, they have to pay me". The sport is not nearly as popular as it used to be, there is no money unless there is a huge draw. Teo needs to he happy he has millions and invest well. He sounds really dumb. Again.

Comment

Teo minimum is $1.5 mill I believe

Shakur minimum is $3 mill I believe

Comment

Originally posted by Theshotyoudontsee View Post

Money for fights is based on the draw of the fighter, or both fighters. It doesn't matter who he beats if no one wants to buy his fights because he sounds nuts and people disregard him. Had he spectacularly KO'd Sandor, Taylor, left the boxing world stunned, people might buy "the takeover" stuff.

As it is his, he barely beat a one armed Loma and it could have been a draw. He got whipped by Kambo and made excuses. He looked like crap against Martin. He beat Taylor, but it wasn't a knockout or a stoppage.

Casuals pay for excitement, action, ko's. Today's boxing mindset for many fighters is apparently, "well, if I beat good fighters, they have to pay me". The sport is not nearly as popular as it used to be, there is no money unless there is a huge draw. Teo needs to he happy he has millions and invest well. He sounds really dumb. Again.
                    You missed the point of Teo being a bigger draw amongst American and Latino fans than Taylor or Loma, which is the very reason that those fights were held in a city with his largest fan base. There's no way that Loma and Taylor should be fighting for significantly higher pay than Lopez with Teo being the bigger draw and the winner of their head to head fights.

Regardless of your excuses for Loma, he beat him fair and square in a fight that he went into as the clear underdog, and did the same against a favored Taylor. If you don't find him exciting, I am sure that there are many people that disagree, especially with the way he dominated and outboxed Josh. His antics even gain attention, just as a luxury vehicle speeding out of control would. If Arum isn't willing to fairly compensate Teo for what he's doing that many haven't, then with Lopez only being 25, he can afford to wait out his contract, and sign with someone who will, or become his own boss as a free agent.

Comment

Teo talking out of both sides of his mouth.. She's getting the gold and he's getting the shaft. She has him babbling. He's wishing 9 figures and talking retirement in the same breath.

Comment

Working...
                      X