No announcement yet.

They broke Lucas Matthysse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They broke Lucas Matthysse

Watched his fight with Postol earlier today and looking back now Lucas was shot to bits coming in to that fight.

Looking at his run before that match up he faced pretty crazy opposition, Danny Garcia, Peterson,Provodnikov and then Molina (who was pretty big at the weight) and some tough as nails roadsweeper in Ortiz and most of these guys had a 60% ko ratio too.

Tim Bradley is punch drunk from fighting Provodnikov and Pacquaio so I can only imagine the damage done to Lucas before he stepped in the ring with Postol. A shame really he was a good fighter he may have lost to Garcia but he probably hurt him more than any other fighter including Spence

I think he could have won that fight if he wasn't in so many wars beforehand not great management
    Last edited by davef; 06-10-2023, 11:39 AM.
    Regge Regge likes this.

His style and skill level would lead to a short career
    bigsmoothh bigsmoothh likes this.

Comment

Cherry Garcia was arguably even more damaged, he needeed a gift to get the w v Herrera, then went on to need another gift against Peterson, he never won another top level fight again.
      one of those fights where both fighters were never the same again.
      Last edited by mlac; 06-10-2023, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
        Cherry Garcia was arguably even more damaged, he needeed a gift to get the w v Herrera, then went on to need another gift against Peterson, he never won another top level fight again.
        one of those fights where both fighters were never the same again.
        I know you said high level but he beat Robert the Ghost Guerrero after that.

Comment

Garcia vs Mathysse, co-main on the Mayweather vs Canelo card was a helluva fight, and an example of both guys being at their very best. Neither was ever the same again after that. Nash out

Comment

I mean they gave him the Manny Pacquiao fight so he could retire.

They obviously felt bad for him

Comment

Never even won a world title did he? He has to be among the best fighters to not win one if so.
              I wonder how his career might have panned out if he wasn't robbed vs Judah and Alexander then again I think it made him way more determined to try finish fools.

I miss him, boxing was amazing during his run.

No doubt P4P one of the hardest punchers and certainly of his era.

I'm still gutted I never got to see him smash Amir Khans glass chin into a million pieces.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X