Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you change boxing scoring/judging if you could change it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing 112 View Post
    Open scoring some people calling for. 100% no. A fighter knowing after each round would ruin boxing where fighters try to protect a lead they have or waste time go defensive etc
    Every other sports know if they’re winning or losing instantly.
    BodyBagz BodyBagz 4truth 4truth like this.

Comment

5 judges will always be better than 3. And I'm still not convinced that ringside is the best place to judge a fight.

But the system isn't really that broken.

Competent and honest judges... That's enough for me.

Comment

Equip judges with state of the art monitors and headsets that can cancel out the audience.
        Watching the fighters in the ring is ******.

Give punches their worth -
        Jab 1 pt
        Body 2 pts
        Hook 3 pts
        Uppercut 4 pts
        Combos (IE, Jab, Hook 2x) = 7 pts

I'm on the fence in how to score KDs....Not every KD should be an automatic rd winner.

Between rds, judges can replay whatever portion of a rd they want in FF/Slo Mo/Pause modes.

They can now see whether or not a punch misses completely, is deflected or hits a non scoring part of the body.
        They can correct a ref, between rds, if a knockdown was actually a push down or slip, if it was ruled as a KD.

Also, an extra 2 min rd to settle draws. Again, every other sport has a system in place to try and find a winner.
        I never did like the even rd style.

Once we give judges the best possible view, we can then develop a scoring system and not be ashamed to display it.
        nghtmr111 nghtmr111 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing 112 View Post
          Open scoring some people calling for. 100% no. A fighter knowing after each round would ruin boxing where fighters try to protect a lead they have or waste time go defensive etc
          The loser will have to step it up or allow the winner to rest on the lead.
          In NFL, when a team has a huge lead, the winning team tries to use up as much time as possible. Not really trying to score.
          In MLB, starters are replaced with bench players.

Sometimes the loser will snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.
          Doesn't happen often but when it does, it's quite thrilling

Making the score of EACH RD official as opposed to subjective is long overdue.
          nghtmr111 nghtmr111 likes this.

Comment

Working...
          X