Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which of these 3 close and consequential fights is most deserving of the label "Robbed" ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which of these 3 close and consequential fights is most deserving of the label "Robbed" ?

3 fights in which majority of the fans think went the wrong way.

Haney - Loma. A p4p battle for undisputed between the older HoF veteran and the young unified camp for the all of the marbles at 135. A strong start for Haney and a strong finish for Loma. The biggest rounds 3,10,11 were for Loma, but many of the rounds could have went either way. Haney had a lot of success to the body, but was never able to impose himself the way Lopez was against Loma. Loma showed the brilliance of his early career in stops but at 36 Loma required rest in many parts include the 12th round. Personal score at live viewing: 115:113 Loma. Could have went either way.

GGG - Canelo 1. A fight years in the making. The unstoppable GGG against the rise star in Canelo for middle weight supremacy. Boxing lure of Canelo giving up belts to avoid GGG years prior. Canelo forced to fight backwards for the first time in his career. GGG successful in many rounds, but unable to to put the kind of sustained pressure on Canelo we are used to. Difficult fight to score, where I felt the GGG rounds were clearer. Personal score at live viewing: 114:114 Draw. Could have went either way, but upon rewatching I scored it for GGG every time.

Kovalev - Ward 1. The battle of the undefeated warriors. P4P #1 on the line. Kovalev on a monster run. KOs over Pascal twice, Clevery and outboxed Bhop. Ward as winner of the super 6, KO over reigning light heavy Weight camp Dawson, boxing master. A career defining fight. Kovalev comes out as the Krusher that he is, knocking down Ward in the second round winning at probably 4 of the first 5 rounds. Ward makes a valiant comeback to win a sizable portion in the second half. Personal score at live view: 116:111 Kovalev. Competitive but clear Kovalev win, watched the fight a few times and don't really know how you could score it for Ward.

Haney-Loma
    13.51%
    GGG-Canelo
    37.84%
    Kovalev-Ward
    48.65%

Floyd thought Ward lost, too.

You need Wilder/Fury 1. Arguably the most blatant.

Comment

Kovalev-Ward 1 because Ward switched from boxing to holding and wrestling in that fight.
      Regge Regge likes this.

Comment

Kovalev dropped ward to his knees! That's still the only fight where I actually felt sick to my stomach after watching it. Blatant robbery
        Regge Regge shenmue shenmue like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicesterage View Post

Don't forget De La Hoya vs Sturm Felix never came back to America and I don't blame him.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicesterage View Post

yes even with the two KDs from Wilder. Fury’s dominance even in terrible condition was there for all to see.

I voted Kova vs Ward. I thought Kovalev dominated the early part of the fight to the extent that Ward needed knock downs later on to salvage a draw ever. Anyone who watched the fight won’t forget the look of surprise on Wards face when they announced him the winner lol

GGG vs Nelo I had a round win for Golovkin, couldn’t score it for Canelo no matter how hard I tried.

loma vs Haney I had 7-5 Loma. He lit him up near the end. But Haney landed many heavy body shots early. Still clear enough Loma.

just home town ****, we’ve seen it all before. An eastern euro can’t win against an America in America in a big fight (with American judges and refs).

in order to win you need to pull a Bivol or Fury, and even then they might give the home town guy a robbery draw lol
            Cypocryphy Cypocryphy likes this.

Comment

I chose Golovkin/Canelo but I could just as easily have chosen Ward/Kovalev, I thought both were very clear wins
              shenmue shenmue likes this.

Comment

Both Ward-Kovalev and GGG-Canelo 1 are blatant. Judges that score fights this way should be banned for life and introduced into a hall of shame. Moretti is an obligatory candidate

Comment

Lomachenko beat Haney, plane and simple. Nothing but home cooking for Haney. I don’t know what Moretti was watching.

Comment

Lara 7-3-2 rounds vs Canelo is not robbery but Haney 5-5-2 rounds and 8/4 by % is robbery and he is defending undisputed and you have to have a definitive win. Make sense.

Comment

Working...
                    X