Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Still Eager To Fight in UK, Apologizes For Beating So Many British Fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post

The only one who get ducked are the ones that don't bring any money.

​​​​​​...

Bring in Money and no one will duck you.
    Except when Taylor ducked Catterall, Joshua ducked Wilder and Crawford ducked Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by M111 View Post

Benavidez didn’t have a belt when Canelo moved up due to his own fault. Canelo was hunting belts and the Brits held 2 of them. And which American do you think he skipped at 160?
      Andrade had the only belt he needed to he undisputed at 160. Charlo was also the wbc mandatory. And leading into may 2020 when Canelo was planning his fight (before COVID scrapped everything) he was only negotiating with smith and Saunders. Benavidez had a title then and not a peep from Canelo. But later that summer once Benavidez got stripped, canelo petitioned for his title 3 days later and the wbc threw it in for his gift with smith. Benavidez has and is his most dangerous opponent at 168. Smith and Saunders were Uk domestic level fighters.

Comment

Stadium?

Could only be against Buatsi at light heavyweight really. He's beaten everyone else but Buatsi is not really that interesting or has much of a following.

Casual Brits as much as they follow boxing and will know who he is...they're not gonna give up a Saturday in the pub to watch Canelo beat a yank or whatever. Wipe the floor with one of our own maybe but I can't see it - we have nobody at those weights left.

Unless he wants to eat himself into a mini blimp and get stomped by AJ or Fury, lol. Yes, that would sell out 10 Wembley Stadiums.

Alternatively, he could bash up anyone in York Hall in London's East End for a few quid. Thats the spiritual home of British Boxing really - it's inconic as is Canelo.
        Last edited by Sparked_26; 05-06-2023, 02:25 AM.

Comment

No one ever ducked Mayweather and he was supposedly P4P #1. The only one who get ducked are the ones that don't bring any money. I don't see anyone ducking Canelo and he is the face of boxing Top P4P.

No one is ducking Gervonta. Loma, Haney, and Shakur already called him out.

Bring in Money and no one will duck you.
          Where did I imply anyone ducked any of them!?

The implication was the names I listed among others, they duck other black fighters, you know the inference aimed at Canelo, I didn't know this had to explained...

I was just responding to your dumb "cherry picking white boys" comment.

Amd let's not pretend money is going to stop people ducking you, AJ was Wilders biggest payday and he openly admitted he went for Fury instead for less money, Charlo got exposed by his own brother for ducking Canelo, Andrade ducked Charlo over money, need I continue...

Comment

The original plan was to fight bum Ryder in the UK, it looks like they realized they couldn't sell it there so they ran to Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by Phase III View Post
              Of course he’s eager too go back to the UK where he has easy fights against Matchroom fighters for lots of DAZN’s $$$. But when it comes down to US fights against Benny, Morrell, and Andrade, he’s nowhere to be found. Another loss and expect the mad cow disease to be his next excuse. DAZN= very very stupid fighter contracts.
              Andrade shouldn’t be included. I believe Canelo would fight a Benividas/ Morrell.

Comment

Originally posted by Boro View Post

Where did I imply anyone ducked any of them!?

The implication was the names I listed among others, they duck other black fighters, you know the inference aimed at Canelo, I didn't know this had to explained...

I was just responding to your dumb "cherry picking white boys" comment.

Amd let's not pretend money is going to stop people ducking you, AJ was Wilders biggest payday and he openly admitted he went for Fury instead for less money, Charlo got exposed by his own brother for ducking Canelo, Andrade ducked Charlo over money, need I continue...
                So you are saying Black fighters are ducking Canelo, not the other way around. Wilder fought Fury because AJ didn't want the fight under his terms, PBC and Showtime terms which Fury did.

Comment

Originally posted by A.B Counterhooks View Post
                  Lol canelo the brit slayer...I bet good ol Sid-knee will love to disagree

He’d say that Canelo only beat them because they were unprepared and he made sure to have every advantage over them.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Maldito_Rey View Post

Yeah, Doo Doo and mental patient Charlo suck and haven't fought in ages.
                    Trump will be winning in 2024?

Comment

So you are saying Black fighters are ducking Canelo, not the other way around. Wilder fought Fury because AJ didn't want the fight under his terms, PBC and Showtime terms which Fury did.
                      Which black fighter has Canelo alleged "ducked" of note or period for that matter? i'll wait.

And like I said previously Canelo has more black opposition than most of the people you'll likely claim he's ducking.

And you'll actually know their names e.g. Mayweather, Trout, Mosley, Kirkland, Jacobs etc etc whilst having less fights in America than said "ducked opponents." (Mayweather being arguably the best fighter of the 21st century)

Yes and of course you address the one and only thing you think fits your narrative...

Why would AJ "fight under his terms", Wilder was the Z side compared to AJ at the point in time, it's delusional to think AJ would kowtow to Wilder and his team...

Comment

Working...
                      X