Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor Vows To 'Retire' Teofimo Lopez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With Lopez’ recent form, Taylor may very well win but after being schooled by a virtual unknown in his last fight he needs to be quiet and just get the job done. It isn't just about Teo - both he and Lopez have something to prove here.
    Hitmon Hitmon likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
      I do hope Lopez wins because Taylor is a horrible human being
      I can't stand the disrespectful crap that come from Teo but he has fast, heavy hands and Taylor shows signs of Joshua like reluctance. I'm not sure if it's the silk sheets or the scrap with Prograis but Taylor hesitates in exchanges and that throws everything off. IMO, Taylor loses to the top 5 Jr. welterweights and that doesn't count the 140bers knocking at the door.

Even if Taylor survives Teofimo he should consider calling it quits, before he gets hurt.

Teofimo fights bipolar, it seems like his confidence comes from external sources and not from within. If Teo beats Taylor he may have a shot at at beating Haney or Ramirez but I don't like his chances against Progais, Jose Zepeda, Catterall or even Matias.
      Last edited by factsarenice; 05-05-2023, 11:13 AM.
      rudy rudy likes this.

Comment

Taylor is mentally tougher and more rugged than Lopez. Taylor will win this fight if Lopez isn't in a good head space. I think Catterall beats them both.

Comment

Neither Taylor and Teo are likely to be good company at a backyard BBQ. They are fun to watch. Lets see if Taylor shows up so that we can. His record of pullout is astounding.

Comment

tartan twat v loopy lopez

i hope the crazy guys wins
            GlassJoey GlassJoey Hitmon Hitmon like this.

Comment

Loser leaves town match!!!!

Comment

its an interesting match up

both guys have sort of gone from hero to close to zero u could say

one guy thinks he the goat in waiting & the other guy has resorted to desperate measures to avoid a rematch in a fight he got a gift in including injuring the sole of his foot from running away
                Hitmon Hitmon likes this.

Comment

I think Taylor stops Lopez. If Kambosos was able to land huge shots and was able to outbox Lopez, Taylor is going to make it look easy and counter Lopez easily and force a TKO. Only way I see Taylor losing if his injuries and inactivity caught up to him.

Comment

I'm bummed Taylor never went up to 147 to get destroyed by Crawford. He was probably never actually going to, but it was fun to imagine.

Comment

Lopez's mind will betray him. His self-doubt will defeat him.

Comment

Working...
                      X