Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder's Trainer Expects Fireworks in Joshua Fight, Not So Much in Fury-Usyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sick and tired of everyone saying can Josh handle wilder power? Can usy k handle it? Can wilder handle elite heavyweights power? Not so far!
    Duhupas and many took wilder power. But they took one too many, none of this great for 2 seconds nonsense. I expect Josh to take his fair share of hits and smiled at wilder. Wilder on other hand will be like a deer in headlights when josh detonatesbomb on wilder
    Last edited by hugh grant; 05-03-2023, 03:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
      Franklin was small and nothing special, he landed numerous right hands on Joshua's chin throughout the fight .....surely it doesn't take a genius to know what will happen when Wilder lands that fast thunderous right hand ....Bomb squad!!
      It doesn’t take a genius to see one fighter fights in a shell and counter punches where the taller guy won’t just get careless bending down to get a 6”2 fighter .

You guys act like Joshua isn’t supposed to get hit at all like that’s the only guy in the sport not supposed to take any punches ever and make it like Wilder kills everyone when his resume shows early knockouts don’t happen often with him either ,every time you post something it shows YDKSAB.

Wilder is literally going to have a target on him standing straight up not having counter punching abilities necessary to even remotely make Joshua apprehensive when lands on Wilder which will happen then we’ll see who’s got the glass in there . Lol

Comment

Originally posted by crisantonio917 View Post
        Imagine if Wilder had an Emanuel Steward or someone on that level rather than one of his ex opponents that couldn't last a round with him? Scott has done zero to improve DW, he's still wild, amateurish and besides power, skill level is trash, hence Fury beating him and so would Usyk or anyone that can box him...
        Scott is a former fighter, who had solid enough boxing skills 'Scott clearly is a good coach'.

It is a attribute and ability to learn. Every fighter has this ability to a different level.

Joshua for example, has a elite level ability to learn. Proven by the fact that he started boxing late, but has achieved so much.

So whether Wilder was coached by Emanuel Steward are not? I don't think it would make a big difference to the type of fighter he is 'Wilder will instinctively, be Deontay Wilder'.

Wilder's instincts in terms of being a fighter are strong, and it is actually one of his strengths 'Wilder has complete believe in his abilities, and knows what he is good at'.

Wilder most likely still believes he can beat Tyson Fury etc.
        Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 05-03-2023, 05:48 AM.

Comment

Well yeah, Usyk and Fury have much more skill than Wilder and Joshua so it makes sense that they'll have a more technical fight.

Comment

Is he expecting fireworks, or firearms?
            Willow The Wisp Willow The Wisp likes this.

Comment

This is STILL the best fight in all of Combat sports. The prize here is who gets to become the 2nd best fighter of the 2015 - 2025 decade, in the big man class in the one millionaire grade fight sport. Fury's a lock for the Top spot unless he were to stumble against Usyk, Ruiz or Zhang, and that's highly unlikely. I don't see the Wilder- Joshua fight ending any differently than it would have if fought 3, 6 or 8 years ago. Both fighters remain in their prime today; we just know a lot more about them than we did at the start of 2019, but both are capable still, of putting in a career defining performance.

The reasonable choice is Wilder KO 4 over Joshua. Just a tougher individual.

Usyk, meanwhile, holds some meaningless belts and is slated to star in the role of Michael Spinks opposite Tyson Fury playing Mike Tyson, also happening at year's end.

FINALLY.​

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                I'm sick and tired of everyone saying can Josh handle wilder power? Can usy k handle it? Can wilder handle elite heavyweights power? Not so far!
                Duhupas and many took wilder power. But they took one too many, none of this great for 2 seconds nonsense. I expect Josh to take his fair share of hits and smiled at wilder. Wilder on other hand will be like a deer in headlights when josh detonatesbomb on wilder
                Well, these divergent opinions are precisely what makes great fights!!!!!
                Lots of True Believers getting pulled in.

I just hope these top heavyweights have an opportunity to share the ring against each other, because this is a great era for heavyweight boxing, with four potential Hall-of-fame candidates synchronized in their prime!!! Good times!!

Comment

Originally posted by Willow The Wisp View Post

Well, these divergent opinions are precisely what makes great fights!!!!!
                  Lots of True Believers getting pulled in.

I just hope these top heavyweights have an opportunity to share the ring against each other, because this is a great era for heavyweight boxing, with four potential Hall-of-fame candidates synchronized in their prime!!! Good times!!
                  Yes, share the ring ASAP, I can't bare the constant predictions of each boxers fans claiming they will ko each other. I mean the constant boasts of wilder fans claiming wilder kos Josh in 2 rounds makes me excited to see the opposite, with wilder canvas after 10 rounds
                  Willow The Wisp Willow The Wisp likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow The Wisp View Post
                    This is STILL the best fight in all of Combat sports. The prize here is who gets to become the 2nd best fighter of the 2015 - 2025 decade, in the big man class in the one millionaire grade fight sport. Fury's a lock for the Top spot unless he were to stumble against Usyk, Ruiz or Zhang, and that's highly unlikely. I don't see the Wilder- Joshua fight ending any differently than it would have if fought 3, 6 or 8 years ago. Both fighters remain in their prime today; we just know a lot more about them than we did at the start of 2019, but both are capable still, of putting in a career defining performance.

The reasonable choice is Wilder KO 4 over Joshua. Just a tougher individual.

Usyk, meanwhile, holds some meaningless belts and is slated to star in the role of Michael Spinks opposite Tyson Fury playing Mike Tyson, also happening at year's end.

FINALLY.​
                    This era is not decided, whether people like it or not? Both Wilder & Joshua have not gone away 'Still no fighter can claim unequivocally to be the best of his era'.

And both of these fighters, most likely still believe they can beat Fury & Usyk.

If Joshua is called to fight Usyk for the third time 'I am backing him to win'.

Joshua has fought Usyk twice, and out of the two fighters 'Joshua's effort was the most improved. This trajectory is most likely to continue with the third fight, Joshua historically always improves his effort during rematches win or lose'.

But you are right mate, also I have been saying? That what we are witnessing now in the Heavyweight division 'Is the latter stages and moves of the Fury, Wilder, Joshua era'.

Yes other all-time great fighters have turned up to the party, like Usyk. But for almost a decade those three fighters Fury, Wilder Joshua have been the premier fighters and Champions 'This is their era'.

Note: Fury, Wilder, Joshua & Usyk. They all know that they are 1-2 fights away from significant historical boxing greatness at Heavyweight etc.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 05-03-2023, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X