Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bob Santos: After Beating Falcao, Morrell Deserves a Shot at Canelo or Benavidez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horrible fight. A total mismatch. Fans need to pray for this Falcao guy. He might end up in the hospital like Morrell's last opponent. Is this Falcao victim properly compensated?

Comment

Originally posted by tomhawq View Post
      Horrible fight. A total mismatch. Fans need to pray for this Falcao guy. He might end up in the hospital like Morrell's last opponent. Is this Falcao victim properly compensated?
      Boxing is full of holier-than-thou phonies saying things like they're risking their lives doe. In reality, they only care about their fighters, the A-side, the showcase fighter.

They don't really care about the C-D-side opponent who is there for an insignificant amount of money because that's the only fight available for him. There are no soft fights for him. Not even something like 50/50.

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post

Boxing is full of holier-than-thou phonies saying things like they're risking their lives doe. In reality, they only care about their fighters, the A-side, the showcase fighter.

They don't really care about the C-D-side opponent who is there for an insignificant amount of money because that's the only fight available for him. There are no soft fights for him. Not even something like 50/50.
        Little guys are not protected in boxing. It's tolerated by fans in favor of the leading man being given a break, or so-called soft touches. If I were in the corner of these sacrificial lambs, I would just advise my guy to run the entire fight, or quit in his stool in the 2nd round. I'll probably throw a towel. Point is, take the offer, take the money and quit in the 2nd round.

Comment

Originally posted by tomhawq View Post

Little guys are not protected in boxing. It's tolerated by fans in favor of the leading man being given a break, or so-called soft touches. If I were in the corner of these sacrificial lambs, I would just advise my guy to run the entire fight, or quit in his stool in the 2nd round. I'll probably throw a towel. Point is, take the offer, take the money and quit in the 2nd round.
          Mismatched fights should be condemned in boxing. Hold people accountable for making such fights. It's no different from a fight where the other fighter is fully roided.

Comment

Morrell would get smashed by Benavidez. Hopefully Falcao gives him a challenge.

Comment

Working...
            X