Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joyce: I'll Go Back To The Drawing Board and Have To Improve, I Still Think I Can Beat Zhang

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by richardt View Post
    I don't see an old fighter like him improving. He may try some things but when that is not working, he'll revert back. He just has to go with what got him this far with just a little head movement, if that is even possible.
    He just needs to circle left for the first 5 or 6 rounds until zhang slows

By the time of the stoppage zhang was losing his pop and joyce was building momentum even with the damaged eye

Comment

"Frank, why are you only producing hype jobs?"

Comment

Originally posted by El_Feroz99 View Post

Cool! I'm not a boxing expert and I wonder this stuff as well.

So why didnt he? And regardless of current corner why would a 37yr old former Olympian not in some way be able to deal with this?

I hope JJ rebounds and Zhang does well as well. Props to both for fighting and giving us something to digest. Like to see the trend continue. Someone has to lose
        Zhangs appears to be better then credited for but that’s only because he should’ve lost to Jerry Forrest in 2021 and that was his first step up fight ,there’s certain hate on this forum for only certain fighters and if they had those types of fights it would never be let down but every time a fighter wins unexpectedly he’s giving more credit then say a proven guy who’s fought the most top 10”s and that’s because the forum is azz backwards at least 90% of the time .

But beyond that it all depends who Joyce puts in his corner he’s to used to fighting the same way so he’s not going to change certain things unless he has the right guy ,Salas hasn’t exactly won him any big fights and he looked the best with Able Sanchez who repeadily reminded him of being defensively aware when with him and no doubt he’s a different fighter in terms of solid advice if he gets him fir a rematch .

Your best bet is taking posts on here with a grain of salt because most these guys think a career is over after a sole loss at any age and thats the end ,just do your own research and looking at how fighters can make adjustments . Most rematches end differently most the time there’s several just in the last 10 years some end the same but no one seriously can convince me Joyce is not capable of winning the rematch because that’s ridiculous based off one fight as if that doesn’t happen in boxing ,first Joyce was going to smash everyone like Joshua now it’s Zhang then it’ll be the guy who beats him and if it’s Joyce he’ll go back to being the guy everyone is ducking etc..etc…welcome to boxing scene . Lol
        Last edited by juggernaut666; 04-19-2023, 10:58 AM.
        slimPickings slimPickings likes this.

Comment

All joyce needs is a neck transplant where hes given a bobble head doll neck. Least them he will have some head movement.

Comment

He doesn't need to improve much to beat Zhang. Just move a bit and don't stand right in front of him for the first few rounds. Improve the punch output from the start. He'll still take shots because it's what he does but he can limit the damage early. It's not like Zhang is going to chase him down.

He was well and truly beaten up but I still see him winning a rematch.

Comment

Working...
            X