Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joyce: I'll Go Back To The Drawing Board and Have To Improve, I Still Think I Can Beat Zhang

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joyce is a nice guy, and good for boxing, I agree with some of the thread he should avoid an immediate rematch with king chong, build a bit of confidence, and make as much money as he can.

I also feel he came in to the fight way to light, however take nothing away from Zhang, good boxer....

Comment

Joyce should call Fast Eddie's bluff and tell Fisheyes Frankie to make the fight with Joshua.

Comment

I don't know how he can fix slow. Joe needs an equalizer, but he gots no bomb. Some guys laugh at a stiff jab as major offense.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Feroz99 View Post
          I'm no boxing expert, but I can't imagine getting tagged with the left hand like that is a fixable thing for an immediate rematch.

if he takes another fight one would imagine that voids the Zhang rematch clause, but he should go in another direction for now imho
          Walking straight into a right jab with no lateral movement from a southpaw is as fixable as anything as is walking the wrong way the entire fight where he’s lined up for Zhangs left . To bad his corner couldn’t tell him that all they to,d him was he’s getting hit because he’s not focusing . Lol

Ultimatley Joyce got hit not only coming straight trying to jab in but retracting his own shot with his guard down bc of the hand speed difference getting countered , easy solution is concentration on left right hooks and right hands against southpaws nit trying to win jabbing matches which helped Zhang set up his shots every time , don’t tell his trainers that though he might go with them again which would be a huge mistake after watching that one . Joyce did all the work fir Zhang just walking straight in ,how the corner couldn’t figure that out and tell him to keep popping the jab coming in is beyond me ? Lol
          Last edited by juggernaut666; 04-18-2023, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Zhang's hand speed was surprising given his size. What surprised me is that Joyce's corner had no answer for the left hook. Old school fighters used to turn with the punch to nullify the effect of power punches. Even keeping his hands up to protect his face would have made the difference. Joyce needs to work on a good one two combination, left jab, right hand to help keep Zhang off of him. More movement on Joyce's part away from Zhang's left hand would have made the difference in the connect rate on Zhang's punches. First thing I would recommend is that Joyce hire someone like Teddy Atlas in his corner who can better train him for his next fight with Zhang. Second thing is to fight some southpaw sparring partners in advance. Joyce has to conquer this task to move on with his career.

Comment

Joyce can't win the rematch, he has no head movement, Zhang took away his jab from early Joyces most important weapon, I doubt Zhang would've gassed he was just placing the left hand and only really started to turn the screw in the 6th.

And even more alarmingly Zhang will be more confident coming in to a rematch plus Joyce looked slower and more cumbersome coming in lighter than usual which is saying a lot...

Comment

And hopefully you’ll get a trainer who doesn’t need a pogo stick to work mitts with you.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                  Walking straight into a right jab with no lateral movement from a southpaw is as fixable as anything as is walking the wrong way the entire fight where he’s lined up for Zhangs left . To bad his corner couldn’t tell him that all they to,d him was he’s getting hit because he’s not focusing . Lol

Ultimatley Joyce got hit not only coming straight trying to jab in but retracting his own shot with his guard down bc of the hand speed difference getting countered , easy solution is concentration on left right hooks and right hands against southpaws nit trying to win jabbing matches which helped Zhang set up his shots every time , don’t tell his trainers that though he might go with them again which would be a huge mistake after watching that one . Joyce did all the work fir Zhang just walking straight in ,how the corner couldn’t figure that out and tell him to keep popping the jab coming in is beyond me ? Lol
                  Cool! I'm not a boxing expert and I wonder this stuff as well.

So why didnt he? And regardless of current corner why would a 37yr old former Olympian not in some way be able to deal with this?

I hope JJ rebounds and Zhang does well as well. Props to both for fighting and giving us something to digest. Like to see the trend continue. Someone has to lose
                  Last edited by El_Feroz99; 04-18-2023, 09:05 PM.

Comment

I dunno… Seems like Joyce never heard the phrase, “protect yourself at all times.”

His chin is good but his eye is suspect. Snicker.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Feroz99 View Post

Cool! I'm not a boxing expert and I wonder this stuff as well.

So why didnt he? And regardless of current corner why would a 37yr old former Olympian not in some way be able to deal with this?

I hope JJ rebounds and Zhang does well as well. Props to both for fighting and giving us something to digest. Like to see the trend continue. Someone has to lose
                      Personally I believe we all ( including his team) slept on Zhang and did not give him the focus his talent and power deserved. Zhang with his olympic pedigree is a danger to any HW. If he can fix his stamina issues , the division has a real problem in its hands. And that is a good thing for boxing.
                      Last edited by slimPickings; 04-19-2023, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X