Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Devon Alexander: "Maestre is Easy Work, First Step in Comeback"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of those fighters who got old before 30. Drugs or brain injury I don’t know but he is only 36 and his train derailed 7-8 years ago

Comment

Devon has yet to find another avenue outside of boxing after being addicted on prescription pain meds has obviously had an affect or defected his brain quite a bit! He should keep it moving but they must be giving him survival money.

Comment

Nothing is easy work in life Alexander, you should know that better than most people with all of the struggles you've had along the way.
        Anything worth the time, effort, and sacrifice to prepare for should be taken seriously, and not have comment's such as easy work (a la Mayweather ), applied to it.

Comment

TBH, I would be worried for Devon if he continues this. He was never a puncher &, despite seeming to have good skills, he was never very hard to hit.I remember, many years ago, Randall 'Tex' Cobb made a comeback. Cobb had the sense to realise his name had some cache so he just fought terrible opponents monthly up & down the USA. I think it ended when he ran into a 'more shot than Tupac' Leon Spinks. If Devon did likewise he could make a few bucks without much harm, but if he beats Maestre, maybe another guy, then tries to step up, this can only end v v badly.
          Since1976 Deleted likes this.

Comment

With a 27 and 7 record, I think Alexander is done. He's no Orlando Salido. His career was over when he laid a dud against Timothy Bradley.

Comment

Working...
            X