No announcement yet.

Fighters not being able to speak english is a disgrace

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighters not being able to speak english is a disgrace

With the amount of information that we have access to in the 21st century and more specifically 2020s, fighters should not be having interviews and being completely incapable of speaking english during an interview with english broadcasters.

In the 1980s, Alexis Arguello spoke better english than fighters 40 year later with access to high speed internet!

There is no downside in learning english, it will make you more money during your career, and after boxing for years to come.

Congrats to Canelo and Cotto, who magnified their career earning potential by keeping up with their english speaking skills!
    Last edited by TheIronMike; 04-02-2023, 12:44 AM.

Ramirez whooped Dog*****ts ass now he can send that little prick back to his shed.
    El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Who cares. A great fighter is a great fighter regardless of what language he speaks.

Some American fighters can barely speak intelligible English.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Who cares. A great fighter is a great fighter regardless of what language he speaks.

Some American fighters can barely speak intelligible English.
        Who cares? They obviously dont!! A professional maximizes earning potential, but I'm afraid most of these guys don't understand that concept......

Comment

Originally posted by TheIronMike View Post

Who cares? They obviously dont!! A professional maximizes earning potential, but I'm afraid most of these guys don't understand that concept......
          So you think Tank Davis should join Toastmasters to improve his speaking ability and eloquence? So that his English gets better and more understandable and more professional?

This is the fight game. I couldn’t care less.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

So you think Tank Davis should join Toastmasters to improve his speaking ability and eloquence? So that his English gets better and more understandable and more professional?

This is the fight game. I couldn’t care less.
            Yes. I've been saying for the last decade that Deontay Wilder's accent prevented him from maximizing sponsorship potential.

Ray Leonard, who is also from the DMV area understood what it took to maximize earnings.....unfortunately, Tank Davis does not.

Thank you for telling me what sport this is....LOL. If you don't care GTFO the thread bro!!

Comment

Translators need a job y'know, if fighters are able to communicate with their audience that's great since it can increase their stock in the USA/UK by being able to promote themselves.

but I doubt fans of this sport are going to be discouraged from watching and rooting for these professional boxers. Could probably list a few fighters who don't or even speak English that often.

-Subriel Matias
              -Vasily Lomachenko
              -Inoue Naoya
              -Erislandy Lara
              -Mauricio Lara
              -Oleksadr Usyk
              -Artur Beterviev

I mean I am probably wrong with some fighters and there might better examples but point is it won't negatively affect them if they can't speak English.
              Last edited by Feroz; 04-02-2023, 01:11 AM.
              siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

Comment

With technology you don't really need to. I worked with a Korean for 4 months with only google translate. I mean we would literally pull out our phones and converse. We were right in front of each other. Lol
                El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

I agree, the English language is an essential component of boxing. Right behind a solid jab and correct stance.

Comment

OP is a lazy, uncultured bum! "Muh couch, muh TV, muh language!"

Comment

Working...
                    X