Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Haney: Against Lomachenko I'll Show I'm The Best Fighter on The Planet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teetotaler69 View Post

What super bs deal? All he had to do was go to Australia and that's it. No same day weigh in, rehydration clause etc. He also got a big payday for it.

Also how did Loma screw him over?
    He had to go to Australia without his trainer and originally without his Dad for 95% of camp. He fought in front of a 99% Kambosos crowd. He took the worst deal in history, won & still had to go back to Australia to rematch Kambosos.

Comment

Originally posted by messi807 View Post

He had to go to Australia without his trainer and originally without his Dad for 95% of camp. He fought in front of a 99% Kambosos crowd. He took the worst deal in history, won & still had to go back to Australia to rematch Kambosos.
      lots of boxers have to travel overseas for fights, haney did well and did what he had to do, but he was 100% sure he was going to beat kambo who lets face it was a decent opponent to have to pick up all the belts

Comment

I'm sure most of the regulars know I think very highly of Loma. And the whole narrative that he ducked Haney is asinine. He has been clear virtually his entire career that his goal is undisputed. He wants belts, and he wanted the IBF unification. He was offered it by his team when Sulaiman was pushing to get as many of the top P4P guys as "franchise champions" and it gave him a way to get his unification fight without having to deal with mandatory nonsense. And at the time, Haney didn't have anything to offer that would compete with full unification, because he was just the secondary champion, aka mandatory.

​​​​​ The whole narrative is based upon claims made by Sulaiman, who isn't noted for his honesty to begin, and has a vested interest in shifting blame, not to mention having a long history of being greedy and corrupt.

But Haney is owed some respect. He had to start his pro career off fighting in Mexican bars. He's had to do everything the hard way, up to and including going to Australia twice to dominate the hometown fighter. He's gotten to be the undisputed champion the hard way. I do give him some flak because his style is still viewed as being a hug fest, and he's done a lot of fights where he dominates the first 8 rounds or so and then coasts instead of finishing. I don't give him credit for busting up Kambosos because he hit Kambosos with SO MANY flush shots and couldn't even score a knockdown, or even a 10-8. He landed 49% of his power shots. Do you think Kambosos would have made it out of 12 with that many flush shots being landed by Tank, for instance?

​​​​​​

Comment

Lmfao man your exaggerating the shlt out the situation. Good victim mentality though

Comment

A high risk low reward for Haney.

If he loses, people will say he was overrated.

If he beats Loma, people will say, oh, he beat an older undersized fighter.

You want to be the best in the world? Fine, fight Spence or Crawford and win.

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler69 View Post

Lmfao man your exaggerating the shlt out the situation. Good victim mentality though
              ''Victim mentality"

101 of spotting a racist.

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post

lots of boxers have to travel overseas for fights, haney did well and did what he had to do, but he was 100% sure he was going to beat kambo who lets face it was a decent opponent to have to pick up all the belts
                Yeah... I'm not buying it. If it were Loma that travelled to Australia majority of casuals would be sucking him off.. I'm not hearing it.

Comment

Yeah... I'm not buying it. If it were Loma that travelled to Australia majority of casuals would be sucking him off.. I'm not hearing it.
                  thats not something u would want to hear tho is it really
                  BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

going to australia for loma and fighting im sure would be easier than going to america and fighting for guys like loma and others, much more active boxing scene and competition

Comment

Working...
                    X