Collapse
No announcement yet.

Benavidez and his chance of fighting Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People talking about Canelo will have to drop the belt. Not anytime soon. Beanvidez has not evem officially beem called as mandatory yet. When he does thars when Canelo gets a deadline to fight him and we all know wbc are a joke. Charlo not fought in 2 yrs and has their belt. So don't get your hopes up no organisation is strippin Canelo he is the money guy. He'll fight who he wants and the organisations all 4 won't have an issue

That being said if he does go for Bivol 2 in Sept which is likely then can't call it a duck if he is going back to fight the guy who beat him and who most people think will beat him again. So i give him more credit trying to avenge that loss. Benavidez isn't going anywhere he's 26 that fights still there in 2024 if Bivol rematch happens

Benavidez also looks huge for the weight should be at 175 anyway wouldn't mind seeing him against Bivol or Beterbiev. But he all ready said he'll fight someone outside of those 2 first to see how he feels at 175 if he moves up

Comment

If Alvarez fights Benavidez, he will have to make that fight before the Bivol rematch.

Or there is a possibility that Alvarez could fight Benavidez at 175 pounds 'If he fights Bivol before Benavidez'.

I actually think Alvarez should fight Benavidez first at 168 pounds, it is actually a by far bigger fight than Alvarez vs Bivol II.

Benavidez is strong, determined and aggressive. But I honestly don't think he is operating at the skill level anywhere near Alvarez 'Alvarez fought and beat Plant more efficiently, because skill for skill he is a higher level fighter'.

Comment

My guess is that after thrashing Ryder, Canelo takes the Bivol rematch and after again being soundly defeated, he retires.

Comment

For Canelo it is a much smarter career decision to fight Benavidez at 168 than Bivol at 175 imo.

Comment

Working...
          X