Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo fans are really gonna go with the "Canelo is better because he stopped Plant" thing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever makes people feel better about themselves. As long as we get Benavidez - Canelo next, I'm good with it. That's a fight that must happen.
    Mammoth Mammoth El_Mero El_Mero like this.

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post

Being ambitious can speed up the aging process
      Maybe your right , maybe your not
      That is out of our hands and nothing we can do about that

Comment

Canelo is better because he is better.

Look at Canelo's career

Now look at Benavidez's career

Canelo is better, greater, whatever other word you want to say.

Does it mean he automatically wins vs Benavidez? No but that's not the discussion here.

He is better because he is better until they either fight or Benavidez does more in his career than Canelo.
        garfios garfios likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

Can’t argue with that but the question was , is he really deserving
          Imo , no he’s not
          Dude, Benavidez is a two time WBC SMW champion. He's only lost the belt on the scales and by a failed drug test. No one has beaten him but himself. How do you figure he doesn't deserve a chance to win his belt back from the guy who took it from the guy he just beat?

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            Canelo is better because he is better.

Look at Canelo's career

Now look at Benavidez's career

Canelo is better, greater, whatever other word you want to say.

Does it mean he automatically wins vs Benavidez? No but that's not the discussion here.

He is better because he is better until they either fight or Benavidez does more in his career than Canelo.
            Benavidez is 26 years old. Give him time. Alvarez is 32 and winding down

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post

Dude, Benavidez is a two time WBC SMW champion. He's only lost the belt on the scales and by a failed drug test. No one has beaten him but himself. How do you figure he doesn't deserve a chance to win his belt back from the guy who took it from the guy he just beat?
              If it makes you feel better , I didn’t think Plant deserved a chance either
              Who these guys fight to actually be entitled to a shot ?

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post

Benavidez is 26 years old. Give him time. Alvarez is 32 and winding down
                Tell Benavidez he won’t fight long if he keeps harming his body the way he is
                He looked like a fughin Somali who hadn’t eaten in weeks
                Can’t make for a successful career , that for sure

Comment

Benavidez = Ramirez 2.0

Sweet Cheeks Not Equal To Bivol

Canelo better then Sweet Cheeks for a complete fighht

Canelo beats Ramirez 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                    Hey, just so long as you guys want Canelo-Benavidez now I'm cool with whatever narrative you guys want. It's funny but call for the fight, fellas.
                    Unfortunately, its hard to hand Canelo any credit with fans like you, prefabbing any credit and intent to some "narrative". How about this. Canelo somehow managed to break down a very rugged, talented and proud major world titlist, despite starting his career upwards of 30lbs smaller. And in the course of breaking said rugged champion down, literally burst his bubble. Does that work?

Should that not be good enough, how about this. David Benevidez did a damned thorough job of slowly measuring Plant early, taking away many of Plant's perceived strengths and tools, sweeping the cards in the 2nd half with controlled boxing accumen and aggression. Benevidez showed a measurable discipline and composure, not hinted at over the course of their heated build-up.

I'd like to see them meet-up. Unfortunately for Benevidez, his money options are not nearly as vast, but I have recently stated in this forum there is a way to correct that, given his size and past titles (wheelspin included). Given his monster-threat status, why not take a page from Canelo's book of division hopping (read: taking chances) and call out the 12 years-older, undefeated 175 variant in Artur Beterbiev? THAT, I'd like to see.

I'm a fan of both. I'm not subject to an emotional pendulum.
                    Last edited by Hooded Terror; 03-29-2023, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

Maybe your right , maybe your not
                      That is out of our hands and nothing we can do about that
                      Yup

Win/lose/draw...Nelo is the one taking risks.
                      Wish others would do the same.

Comment

Working...
                      X