Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury's Promoter: Team Usyk Looked For a Way To Get Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, Fury/Warren kept moving the goal posts. That was a real legacy fight they passed up for 70% of the pot.

Comment

Tyson Fury, you ugly, big shxthouse......

Comment

"Fury's Promoter: Team Usyk looked for a way to get out." They obviously didn't have to look very hard because Fury and his lameness we're right in front of them the whole time.

Comment

I've never been so shocked in my life that another title unification agreement comes undone at the seams just when fans had their hopes up.

This Is an absolute stunning development. In a sport where integrity comes first, the best regularly fight the best and politics(and cowardice)​​ never get in the way of the spirit of competition this is truly a rare occurance.
          landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Nobody wanted the fight once Saudi Arabia money was gone. Plenty of options for Usyk. Tyson likes to keep busy what’s next rematch Whyte he deserves 2nd chance. King of the gypsys in his own mind

Comment

Originally posted by Nusky View Post
              I've never been so shocked in my life that another title unification agreement comes undone at the seams just when fans had their hopes up.

This Is an absolute stunning development. In a sport where integrity comes first, the best regularly fight the best and politics(and cowardice)​​ never get in the way of the spirit of competition this is truly a rare occurance.
              Makes you wonder what the circumstances will have to be for an Undisputed fight to ever be made.

This was pretty close to perfect. Two big names but a clear bigger draw in Fury, both mid to late 30s, no current mandatories, no real debate over one having home advantage given where Usyk is from.

If it couldn't happen now... when could it happen?

The only scenario I can think of is where there's a clear B Side. Someone produces a shock to become a single belt titlist or wins a vacant belt. Then they can get life changing money to basically give up their title.

Otherwise who is going to risk losing their title in a voluntary fight to a genuine rival?
              landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Thank you so much to the fighters, managers, trainers, and promoters that are actually making fights happen. This is a disgusting disgrace, and never would've happened 20 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
                  Nobody wanted the fight once Saudi Arabia money was gone. Plenty of options for Usyk. Tyson likes to keep busy what’s next rematch Whyte he deserves 2nd chance. King of the gypsys in his own mind
                  yep that could be it, the carrot of saudi money was there and gone & thats hard to take for these guys

fury reacted with a 70% demand and usyk as far as i can see wouldnt take 50% if he won in the rematch, presume he would get another 30% or less if he lost for the rematch

both guys on paper would seem to be a bit unreasonable with those positions they took, maybe if fury had offered a bit more for the first fight usyk would have taken the 50 on the rematch, that would be the better solution so fury is more to blame in this scenario i would say with usyk having some blame too
                  rudy rudy likes this.

Comment

Warren n Fury and Arum are weird af.
                    accepting 30% then saying Usyk looked for a way out?
                    Hahahahahahaha

Comment

1 million percent. Usyk has ducked Fury. Disgrace the Ukrainian man is. Because he beat Chisora 115-113 and edged AJ twice people think he can beat the King? LMAO. Bow to Fury's demands, B-Side. Nash out

Comment

Working...
                      X