NSB PICK EM 2023 #16 - #19: THURSDAY 23th and SATURDAY 25th MARCH 2023

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post

Multipliers allowed on underdogs only this year
    At some point a "Main Page" with the basic info might be helpful.
    NC Uppercut NC Uppercut likes this.

Comment

I only listen to music, not to people

And in any case - see above - I managed to get more groceries for free tomorrow, thanks to Jose Ramirez
      Rock on brother
      Glad to hear you came out on top
      Tatabanya Tatabanya likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by ruedboy View Post

I can't do that, but something will be moving soon in that regard, hopefully. However, the multipliers issue was widely discussed at the beginning of the season, and throughout the first few weeks...
        Last edited by Tatabanya; 03-26-2023, 11:27 AM.
        NC Uppercut NC Uppercut likes this.

Comment

Multipliers allowed on underdogs only this year
          Really?? Whatever. I’m not gonna win anyways lol

Comment

I can't do that, but something will be moving soon in that regard, hopefully. However, the multipliers issue was widely discussed at the beginning of the season, and throughout the first few weeks...
            My bad. I probably wasn't paying attention and thanks for your updates.

Comment

• Originally posted by ruedboy View Post

I take full responsibility for that - honestly should have had it up at the start of January but one thing after another and then I got my eye injury. However I will aim to get something pulled together thisweek even if it's a just a canibalised and edited rehash of last years masterthread.

Rea;istically at this point I'm going to strugle to do a full recheck of all Tatabanyas tallying cos whilst I can kinda cope with text with difficulty even the thought of trying to make sense of spreadsheets with bad double vison is making my head spin.

Probably the most workable solution will be I go through the Pick Em threads and just tally up used multipliers and perfect picks (as this will be used to calculate the end of year / half year bonus) and then simply lift out the scores from Tat's ongoing update to make some kinfd of official leaderboard. Anyways - I'll work onj it.

Comment

• Okay gentlemen best I can tell this week it's just gonna be Robeisy vs Dogboe. Odds are kinda wide which ain't completely surprising since Ramirez has looked pretty much dominant since a shaky start in the pro ranks whilst Isaac seems to be have been in one hard fought war after another, but I'm personally not seeing this as a walk through for the Cuban in any way. Nice fight IMO and I absolutely wouldn't be stunned by the upset.

EDIT: Joshua vs Franklin? IIDK... no title, Franklin is outside the top 10 not only per Ring and TBRB but also by every sanctioning org and Joshua is well in excess of -1000 on aggregate. Guess I could reasonably be accused of inconsistancy given Ramirez vs Commey last week but at least Richard has actually been a world Champion however briefly and has one or two respectable wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
                  Okay gentlemen best I can tell this week it's just gonna be Robeisy vs Dogboe. Odds are kinda wide which ain't completely surprising since Ramirez has looked pretty much dominant since a shaky start in the pro ranks whilst Isaac seems to be have been in one hard fought war after another, but I'm personally not seeing this as a walk through for the Cuban in any way. Nice fight IMO and I absolutely wouldn't be stunned by the upset.
                  No Joshua fight? I'll make the case >>
                  ODDS
                  Franklin is +700, Dogboe is +500 . Hector Garcia was +800 against Tank.
                  THE FIGHT
                  We know Joshua is chinny and we know he has been upset before by a smaller fighter with fast hands. Franklin beat Whyte in my view. Whyte was hesitant to throw against Franklin because he was getting countered. But he dogged it out. Not sure AJ has that heart if that transpires.
                  Last edited by SteveM; 03-28-2023, 09:04 AM.
                  FinitoxDinamita FinitoxDinamita likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveM View Post

No Joshua fight? I'll make the case >>
                    ODDS
                    Franklin is +700, Dogboe is +500 . Hector Garcia was +800 against Tank.
                    THE FIGHT
                    We know Joshua is chinny and we know he has been upset before by a smaller fighter with fast hands. Franklin beat Whyte in my view. Whyte was hesitant to throw against Franklin because he was getting countered. But he dogged it out. Not sure AJ has that heart if that transpires.
                    Had a feeling that one might not be an entirely popular call. Tell you what we got a few hours left, let's do a little shout out. I do want to get the thread up today but I can leave it to 11 or 12 tonight and see what people got to say on the matter.
                    SteveM SteveM likes this.

Comment

• Okay gents, reckon we got about 6 hours or so before I'm going to put the thread up so I'd appreciate some opinion on whether to include Joshua vs Franklin. Guess I could possibly do it first thing in the a.m if I we haven't many responses before I go to bed but certainly no later than that.

FinitoxDinamita Mammoth SceneBoxer mlac SteveM BigZ44 Citizen Koba Chrismart Tatabanya ruedboy ShoulderRoll MikeyG Baltimore Idunnoshet siablo14 BLASTER! Damn Wicked El-Malo- Ganondorf RJJ-94-02=GOAT NC Uppercut MulaKO Superbee SUBZER0ED BobLoblaw YoungManRumble Fanofreason b morph bobbybobberton BlakBread904

What say you gentlemen? Yay or nay?

Comment

Working...
                      X