Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oscar Duarte Scores Two Knockdowns, Stops Alex Martin In 8th Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Oscar Duarte Scores Two Knockdowns, Stops Alex Martin In 8th Round

Oscar Duarte extended his knockout streak with his most impressive win to date. A right hand by the streaking Mexican contender froze Chicago's Alex Martin in place before falling to the canvas for the first of two knockdowns on the night. An ensuing volley floored Martin seconds later, which prompted referee Jerry Cantu to stop the contest at 1:14 of round eight in their lightweight battle Saturday evening on DAZN from the Walter Pyramid on the campus of California State University-Long Beach.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hell of a right hand on Duarte.
    Regge Regge likes this.

Comment

Goldenboy has another killa on their hands

they need to keep Duarte more active
      Regge Regge likes this.

Comment

Duarte is a brutal hitter and must watch TV I like this kid

Comment

Duarte has come a long way since his loss to Estrella at age 23 years old, ever since he had a 9 knockout streak.

He kinda reminds me of Ivan Baranchyk before his loss to Zepeda.
          PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Escorpion View Post
            Duarte has come a long way since his loss to Estrella at age 23 years old, ever since he had a 9 knockout streak.

I got that same vibe. Similar physicality, strength and violence.
            El Escorpion Feroz likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Escorpion View Post

I was at Fantasy Springs for that fight many moons ago and no doubt in my mind that Duarte was robbed that night against Estrella. Even back then Duarte was a ferocious hitter and also a full time college student. Happy to see the kid stay with the sport and grow as a boxer, always had a fan friendly style.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastlos View Post

I was at Fantasy Springs for that fight many moons ago and no doubt in my mind that Duarte was robbed that night against Estrella. Even back then Duarte was a ferocious hitter and also a full time college student. Happy to see the kid stay with the sport and grow as a boxer, always had a fan friendly style.
                To be fair so I am not really aware on any performances prior to 2022.

But I can believe that considering he had already made short work of Roger Gutierrez before facing him and Estrellas won by split decision.

Would be interesting to get him tested further by fighting Gesta. If he wins with flying colors then I believe that he is ready to take on the likes of Zepeda who defeated Diaz.
                Last edited by Feroz; 03-19-2023, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Alex should retire now, for good just quit your style against a slow plowder sucked and you can’t do well in boxing at this point so why suffer the harm!

Comment

Working...
                  X