Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Elijah Garcia: You Don't See A Lot Of 19-Year-Olds Taking These Types Of Fights; I'm Different

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's creating an image for himself here that is pretty appealing. I hope he proves out.

Just watched his fight with Hernandez... You can immediately see that Garcia must have gotten a great boxing education. There's an ease of operation that only comes from starting very young. He's comfortable fighting inside, changes levels, varies the speed and power of his punches, not afraid to go to the body (which seems in this case to be why the fight was stopped), gets off the line while staying in the pocket. He even switched to a Rocky Marciano-like guard in the last round (where the lead elbow is in front, can't remember what that's called).

I'm looking forward to seeing him on Saturday!

Comment

Wow, what's not to like about this story? A fighting farmer? In a sea of IG and Twitter gangsters, this kid is a breath of fresh air. He sounds mature beyond his years and very confident. Hope he turns out to be the real deal.
      Last edited by TheOneAboveAll; 03-02-2023, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDramaShow! View Post
        Canelo after he fought Fielding, Yildrim, and Ryder: "You Don't See A Lot Of 32-Year-Olds Taking These Types Of Fights; I'm Different"

The only fun fact is that 10 years before that, Canelo was Fighting Floyd Mayweather, the best fighter of this generation and had already become a world champion lol and at 32 He had already become multiple world champion in multiple weight classes lmao try again clown.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post

Be nice if Matchroom bought him over to the UK & put him on some big show undercards. The experiance & exposure would be great for his career.
          I agree, he better off if he joined matchroom as he would likely get more experience and publicity. It seems however that he is taking a difficult bout in the main card against an undefeated top 10 ranked fighter in the WBA called Amílcar Vidal.

If he managed to pull this off it be interesting to see him fight Liam Smith, considering that Beefy moved up to 160 two fights ago.

Comment

Garcia versus Vidal should be a damn good fight between two young, up and coming, undefeated fighter's way to go!

Comment

Garcia looks like the goods but he's in tough vs Vidal.

Comment

Originally posted by 57Blues View Post
                Interesting to watch fighters develop or get caught up in things that can take them away from the fight game. Nice that Sowtime is putting on fights on a regular basis at the moment. This card should be as good or better then the last two and that is saying something about fights being put up lately.
                What with all the Eubank fiasco going on I can't see him getting beefy anytime soon, but maybe Liam Williams or Keiron Conway could work okay. Having said that it doesn't even have to be a Brit.

Comment

The mission is commendable.
                  Boxing needs these types.
                  I hope he doesn't bite off more than he can chew, though.

Comment

Hopefully he doesn't get hurt. Must be green and fighting someone who fought much better competition. Like a boy vs a man. Not really a man at age 19 physically or mentally.
                    Last edited by jbdmusic; 03-04-2023, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X