No announcement yet.

I give Teofimo Lopez a very good chance at beating Josh Taylor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4truth View Post

Yeah, I don't get how they are just moving on from the scheduled rematch.
    WBO = whatever Bob wants or we’re Bobs organization.
    MikeyMike100 MikeyMike100 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
      based on the way Taylor looked vs Catterall Yes Teo beats maybe even stops that version of Taylor...however that might have been just a Off Night for Taylor and if that is the Case then Josh Schools him and the fight ends up looking something like Taylor vs Prograis in which Taylor was just too big and a bit more Skilled that Prograis. However in this Case, Taylor at his best is WAY MORE SKILLED than Teo

I can tell you right now, that 1 Punch at a time Adrien Broner sh^t will not work vs Taylor, he is going to have to really let his hands go to beat Taylor

GREAT FIGHT by the way credit to both for taking it
      You left out the part where Teo hasn’t been even the slightest bit impressed since the Loma fight.

Comment

It’s telling how Teofimo was big at 135 and is now small 5 pounds north.

He didn’t like dealing with Nakatani’s height advantage and toughness at 135 either. And I expected a difficult fight from Martin because of that and his defense also. Taylor, though, doesn’t have that and likes to fight on the inside.

I think Teofimo surprises him and hurts him during the fight with Josh’s grit and pace making the fight a tossup.

Comment

This is a good fight, may the best man win.

Comment

Teo isn’t beating the top guys. He gets crushed by Taylor and prograis. Hell he can’t even beat the rest of the contenders like Martin, Subriel, or even Ramirez. Arnold Barboza is his best bet right now, I honestly think the kids time is up.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Yeah I genuinely don’t think he can make the weight healthily or at least without taking a lot out of himself. Teofimo’s stock has definitely plummeted since the Loma win but I just sense the timing is right for him here.

It shows you how quick boxing can change cause had they fought 18 months ago we’d be talking about two elite P4P guys at the peak of their powers, instead both now have a lot to prove. Interesting matchup for sure.

I used to be a huge Taylor fan, I’ve followed his career for like 15 years going back to when him and Jazza ****ens were tearing it up in the juniors. However, even I can’t defend his actions recently, the way he acted after getting a gift versus Catterall was embarrassing and then him swerving the rematch makes it even worse.
              I respect you for saying that. A lot of men wouldn’t admit that. I tell people, my favorite fighter is always one or two situations from being my least favorite. And one fight away from being my favorite and over again.

Comment

Working...
              X