Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor-Teofimo Lopez Set For June 10 At Madison Square Garden Or MSG's Hulu Theater

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully both kuntz get knocked out, both stretchered out of the building.

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
      Rooting for Lopez to win this, Taylor will get his Karma in this fight if it is close I hope he gets robbed he deserves it.
      Well they tried to against Ramirez. Teo got one last time out too.

But it is funny Teo turning down fights due to being too dangerous. But here he is willing to take on Taylor after coming straight from a one sided loss, struggling to make weight, and being out for 16 months by the time the fight comes round. I've been seeing Americans and Mexicans taking no fight other than bums or those who are badly at a disadvantage. The cowardice is without shame.

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
        Taylor by KO.
        Taylor would wreak Teo if he was at his best or close to. But he's been out far too long, is badly struggling at the weight, and coming from a loss. It's the only reason Teo has taken this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
          Strange how easily this one came together. I realize neither looked great in their last fight but this is a high level matchup for this sport.
          Look at the circumstances around Taylor. That's why Teo took it without questions.

Comment

Good fight.. it will definitely be more entertaining than Taylor vs Catterall which would have been a chess match that goes the distance. With Lopez it's more trade and ****. Good fight

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
              The 'artful dodger' was talking about what he's do to Crawford up at welterweight now he's content with a guy who's looked sub par last time and is coming up from lightweight.I think Jack took his heart.Shame Josh isn't the man we thought he was , I actually thought he was the real deal.
              I did also, I'm not sure that he still isn't the real deal, one fight does not a career make, or a career end, not usually anyway.
              Not having fought in a year is a problem, but even worse than that he kept Catterall out out of the ring out of the ring as well.
              Due to the fact that Catterall was waiting, and hoping on having the rematch to come through for him to have another shot at Taylor.
              Now what's unforgivable here is that Taylor had Catterall believing that he was going to go through with the rematch.
              When he knew all along that he wasn't going to go through with it, in essence stalling Catterall's career.
              It's almost as if he was playing a cruel game of payback, with Catterall for him having the audacity to give him such a tough fight the first time around.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
                "Taylor wanted to face Catterall a second time . . "

No, he didn't.
                If Taylor had wanted to fight him a second time, it would have happened by now. So you can take that lying story somewhere else, because the majority of the subscriber's on BoxingScene see it as a complete duck.
                tokon tokon likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

Well they tried to against Ramirez. Teo got one last time out too.

But it is funny Teo turning down fights due to being too dangerous. But here he is willing to take on Taylor after coming straight from a one sided loss, struggling to make weight, and being out for 16 months by the time the fight comes round. I've been seeing Americans and Mexicans taking no fight other than bums or those who are badly at a disadvantage. The cowardice is without shame.
                  That is why the fight is being made, He is struggling at the weight, he stayed on to rematch Catterall, two things gonna happen he comes in overweight and is a non -title bout and he beats Lopez. He comes in weight and gets stopped because he wrecked himself getting down to 140lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post

I did also, I'm not sure that he still isn't the real deal, one fight does not a career make, or a career end, not usually anyway.
                    Not having fought in a year is a problem, but even worse than that he kept Catterall out out of the ring out of the ring as well.
                    Due to the fact that Catterall was waiting, and hoping on having the rematch to come through for him to have another shot at Taylor.
                    Now what's unforgivable here is that Taylor had Catterall believing that he was going to go through with the rematch.
                    When he knew all along that he wasn't going to go through with it, in essence stalling Catterall's career.
                    It's almost as if he was playing a cruel game of payback, with Catterall for him having the audacity to give him such a tough fight the first time around.
                    As much as I agree with your sentiments, I have to wonder if there is an unseen hand at play in all of this. I watched a video awhile back. It was in the lead-up to the Catterall debacle. Taylor's eyes glowed when walking the camera through his preferred place of leisure. It made me wonder if something had been satisfied, achievement-wise, in his previous match, and that life was now really about sitting back on his laurels with a small gathering surrounding him each night, nursing stiffies, with everyone listening. The rumors of arrogance, cut corners and waning focus punctuated Taylor heading into the Catterall showdown. Perhaps relocating to the US for training in relative seclusion might be a good thing. That said, if Taylor has subconciously scaled the mountain, his fire may have ever so slightly, yet critically, dimmed.

Comment

Originally posted by War Room View Post

You think he can stop Teo?
                      Yes I do.

Comment

Working...
                      X