No announcement yet.

To be honest, Canelo could get his ass beaten even by Ryder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To be honest, Canelo could get his ass beaten even by Ryder

If Ryder can pull the trigger, it will be interesting.

Canelo looked like a dog sh.it in the third GGG fight. the only reason he won was he fought a 40 old guy in his new weight division.

We have seen the best of Canelo already.

Canelo`s self confidence is not very high right now. Otherwise Bivol rematch at 175 would be scheduled or Benavidez at 168.
    Oracle01 Oracle01 likes this.

His stamina and punch output suck.....anyone who is responsible defensively will make the fight close.....not sure about beating Canelo's ass though.

Comment

Wishful thinking on your part. I’d f***ing love to see John score the upset but he ain’t beating Canelo.
      garfios garfios likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
        Wishful thinking on your part. I’d f***ing love to see John score the upset but he ain’t beating Canelo.
        exactly why he picked RYder, gotta get back in the win column.

Comment

They all got to get back to the win column. In Canelo's case, it'll be his next-after-getting-back-to-the-win-column. And it'll be against a deserving top-ten contender in Ryder.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
            If Ryder can pull the trigger, it will be interesting.

Canelo looked like a dog sh.it in the third GGG fight. the only reason he won was he fought a 40 old guy in his new weight division.

We have seen the best of Canelo already.

Canelo`s self confidence is not very high right now. Otherwise Bivol rematch at 175 would be scheduled or Benavidez at 168.
            I normally would debate this but we all have to agree that Canelo is looking slower.

Comment

I don't think Alvarez's last two performances were of a high standard 'Whether that be in terms of the physical effort or skill for skill technically'.

Alvarez has been in better form, and performed better in past fights.

Alvarez has always been a fighter who weight drains himself 'In order to be the big man on fight night'.

147, 154, 160, 168 'Within all of these weight classes, Alvarez has used the tactics of weight draining'.

In order to gain some sort of perceive advantage, of out weighing his opponent on fight night.

Fighters who do this, from what I can see? Can dramatically drop off in condition and performance. Because overtime, these tactics have a negative effect on a boxers overall condition.

It was only when Alvarez fought at 175 pounds, for the first time in his entire career 'I think he was now facing a opponent who was close to his own fight night weight'.

It is a known fact that one of Alvarez major tactics he has always relied on 'Was that he was the big man on fight night'.

Note: The fighters who have the best longevity in the sport in the lower weight classes 'In this modern era'. Have been the fighters who predominately stick to old school training methodologies, and do not weight drain themselves extensively. Floyd Mayweather Junior, Bernard Hopkins, Carl Froch these fighters maintained a good level of performance deep into their careers, and there seemed to be no dramatic distinct drop off in their condition or performance 'These fighters always stayed in and around their fight weight all year round'.

Who was the fitter fighter out of Golovkin and Alvarez in their last fight? Golovkin was right there with Alvarez. Alvarez in my opinion did not lose his fights vs Bivol because Bivol is some kind of matrix super elite fighter 'Alvarez lost that fight due to not being able to utilize his own best attributes optimally'.

Alvarez's lack of world class endurance and gears, effects how he uses his inside game.

John Ryder skill for skill is not anywhere near Alvarez's level as a fighter. But if he can come through Alvarez's power, and pressure Alvarez intensely 'The fight may be competitive'.

I think Alvarez can pick up his form, and I still give him a serious chance of beating Bivol at 175 pounds 'These ticking over fights, are probably what he needs right now'.

Rico_85 Rico_85 likes this.

Comment

Carnelo is back in Mexico beefing up as we speak. He chose Ryder for a reason, but Canelo is also on the decline.

Comment

That would be hilarious if Ryder went to Mexico and beat Canelo down before his fans.

You damn near have to kill Canelo to win a decision against him here in the states.

Ryder has an uphill climb here IMO.
                  Last edited by Ganondorf; 02-21-2023, 09:02 PM.
                  NENOBROWN NENOBROWN El_Mero El_Mero like this.

Comment

I don't know about losing, but there is actually a decent chance, he looks average and it goes the distance, which will be embarrassing enough.

Comment

Working...
                    X