Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Wood Was Out On His Feet; One Shot Was All It Would Take To End His Career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: Wood Was Out On His Feet; One Shot Was All It Would Take To End His Career

Eddie Hearn heard and read from a lot of onlookers who suggested Leigh Wood should have been allowed to continue late in the seventh round of his technical-knockout loss to Mauricio Lara on Saturday night. Ben Davison, Wood's trainer, threw in the towel after referee Michael Alexander appeared ready to allow a disoriented
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hearn is correct on this one, Lara was dying to finish off Wood, who was defenseless at that point in the fight.
    Wood should give his trainer a bonus for throwing in the towel, because he was in imminent danger, no if's, and's, or but's about it!

Comment

Eddy has been sublimed.

Comment

Wood did not protest. Only he knows the state he was in - must have been the right call.

Comment

Yeah, there was 10 or so seconds left. Lara only needed 1 or 2 secs. Look at Chisora vs Takam. Takam got up, ref let fight continue, 1 second later Takam was cleaned out. Nash out

Comment

I was at ringside , the ref was wrong for being ready to let it continue , thankful Ben Davison had the sense to stop it .The ref wants to have a close look at himself.Lara , when he saw that the ref was going to allow it to go on walked around the ref ready to position himself for what could have been the last blow of Woods career.Again well done Ben. Unlucky Leigh who was in front but we never got too cocky as we knew this could happen with the ridiculous power Lara can deliver.

Comment

Normally, the home town hero has to be half dead before they stop the fight. Mitchell vs Linares, Warrington vs Lara 1. This was obviously a case of low expectations all around. The ref could have lapsed those 10 seconds with a trip to the corner to look at the docs finger. They expected Wood to lose and let it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
                I was at ringside , the ref was wrong for being ready to let it continue , thankful Ben Davison had the sense to stop it .The ref wants to have a close look at himself.Lara , when he saw that the ref was going to allow it to go on walked around the ref ready to position himself for what could have been the last blow of Woods career.
                Yes, I noticed that too. Was surprised the ref didn't admonish Lara for not waiting in the neutral corner. That said, Wood wasn't going to recover before the end of the round. He was primed for a brutal stopage.

Comment

I don’t care for Ben Davidson, that said he made a good choice at the moment. Shocked when I saw Lara galloping forward, Wood could have been hurt, well beyond just a KO.

Comment

Ben did the right thing, he knows the mexican is a murderous puncher ,wood was out on his feet,its better one punch less than a fatal one.

Comment

Working...
                    X