Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermall Charlo: I Needed Some Time Away; Back In My Bag, Defending My WBC Title In June

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rebelrbg View Post

Jaime Mungia doesn't fight champions, he looks for dumpster divers and roadkill, he has an acquired taste for bottom feeders.
    Lol what does that say about Charlo then? He went life and death with some dumpster diver Munguia thrashed in 2 rounds easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post

My point exactly, he would've fought a bum like Munguia if given the chance but chose to stay inactive because there was no easy money out there.
      Nah, Mungia was ranked in the top 5 of all the sanctioning bodies, and was getting a strong push because of his laughable gorged resume. Charlo had been calling for GGG and Canelo constantly, but continued to get ducked by both, I wouldn't say that was easy money, unless you don't think highly of them either.

Comment

Originally posted by sjic2 View Post
        “I needed some time away from the sport."
        But now he is back in the 'PBC and Mayweather Promotions' bag.

He needed some time away = It was getting to close to the 'time' that he would have to fight Tim Tszyu, or some other deserving and credible.

He had already used the 'bad back excuse', now he has used the 'broke my hand excuse' (while sparring on Christmas Eve, un-hun right.)

What's next?

He is back in 'time' now that Tim Tszyu and Toney Tony Harrison names are off the board, and it is safe again to look for an unknown cherry, or a non competitive fight to maintain the PBC and Mayweather Promotions way of doing boxing business.

The 'news' will start to circulate soon about a potential fight with Errol 'the tooth' Spence.

Why?

Because Spence can give him that 'cash out of boxing fight' that he wants, and still keep it safe by fighting within the 'PBC/Mayweather Promotions backyard or side of the street'.

Like Spence, it not about legacy, its about the money.

But there is only one Floyd Mayweather, and then there are deluded PBC/Mayweather Promotions 'wanna bee'z' used as pawns to keep a 'semi-retired' Floyd Mayweather in the public eye and relevant in boxing conversations about how great he was and is still today compared to those that he 'supposedly promotes/promoted like Gervonta 'Tank' Davis.

Some lead, most follow, both in boxing and in life.
        Are you ******?? Do you even know who it is you are talking about?

The answer is Yes, followed by No.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
          Lol what does that say about Charlo then? He went life and death with some dumpster diver Munguia thrashed in 2 rounds easily.
          That doesn't say anything about Jermall except that had an off night, but still fought hard to get the win. All fighters have an off night, but that doesn't take away from the talent and skill they display the majority of the time.

I'm sure there were fighters that handled Jeff Horn better than Pacquiao, fighters that beat Josesito Lopez easier than Thurman, fighters that beat Austin Trout more convincingly than Cinnabon, etc. But it doesn't take away from any of those champions when thinking about their overall fighting makeup.
          Last edited by Rebelrbg; 02-13-2023, 05:06 PM.

Comment

He'll probably get 300K for a tuneup. Maybe even less. Like Broner says, you have to fight Godzilla to get the money you want.

Broner Opens Up About Split with PBC: 'They Told Me the Type of Money You Want, You Gotta Fight Godzilla'

https://www.boxingscene.com/broner-o...dzilla--171429

Comment

Originally posted by Rebelrbg View Post

That doesn't say anything about Jermall except that had an off night, but still fought hard to get the win. All fighters have an off night, but that doesn't take away from the talent and skill they display the majority of the time.

I'm sure there were fighters that handled Jeff Horn better than Pacquiao, fighters that beat Josesito Lopez easier than Thurman, fighters that beat Austin Trout more convincingly than Cinnabon, etc. But it doesn't take away from any of those champions when thinking about their overall fighting makeup.
              That sounds like an excuse though off night my ass what do you call the fights against Brandon Adams and Matvey Korobov then? (a fight he lost)

Munguia would knock out both Adams and Korobov.

Comment

Originally posted by Sayithowitisuk View Post
                I'm a fan of little c but not the big c, all he does is act out his entitlement to big fight's without trying to make himsel undeniable & becoming the big fight. He's just been sitting in the waiting room for his cash cow shot, & what are the wbc even doing?
                I've never understood how a champion calling for the other so-called top champions in the same division to fight him for unification is seen as waiting for his cash cow. He called for Cinnabon when he was his mandatory, not just once, but before at 154, as he's SUPPOSED to do. He called for GGG and Canelo constantly as a champion wanting to prove himself against the champions everyone said were elite, as he's SUPPOSED to.

But yet, he received flack for being ducked openly for everyone to see, and continuing to fight his mandatory fights as a champion is SUPPOSED to do if the other champions won't fight him to unify. It seems like bias used to protect GGG and Cinnabon, as fan favorites, and not wanting the big risk of them losing without a built in excuse.

Comment

That sounds like an excuse though off night my ass what do you call the fights against Brandon Adams and Matvey Korobov then? (a fight he lost)

No he wouldn't, and he probably wouldn't step in the ring with them without being dragged in. He's had a chance to fight for the championship twice, and didn't do either fight, he's a serial can killer.

Comment

I don't even see why he would need a tuneup when pretty much everyone else had long layoffs. Do they need tuneups as well? Oh man it's a long waiting game for fans having to wait for another year for the real fight after the tuneup. This sport is going in circles with no end in sight.

Point is, whoever he fights with an established name, it would still be a level playing field. It's no different from two tennis players battling it out in bad weather condition.

Comment

I could see if those fights were split decisions, but they're unanimous, hell he can't knock everybody out in every fight, just in most of them.

Comment

Working...
                      X